• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

A Brexit Question

I will miss drinking a pint out of a glass with a crown symbol on the side when I'm back visiting Britain. You've no idea how I lie awake in the hot Spanish summer nights dreaming of that fantastic luxury.

That, and soon being able to buy exactly one pound, six and a half ounces of turnips and paying two pounds, twelve shillings and sixpence three farthings. That'll show Johnny Foreigner.

I'm not a business owner so could not argue one way or the other as to brexit benefits.
From where I'm sitting I see no benefit what so ever. Obviously the pandemic and the war in Ukraine have royally messed things up, so any pluses would be cancelled out. With cost of living rises on fuel, gas, electric food etc, it's nigh on impossible to come up with any positives.
We do apparently have control over our borders and the waters surrounding the british isles, great.👍

Jack2jack said:
I'm not a business owner so could not argue one way or the other as to brexit benefits.
From where I'm sitting I see no benefit what so ever. Obviously the pandemic and the war in Ukraine have royally messed things up, so any pluses would be cancelled out. With cost of living rises on fuel, gas, electric food etc, it's nigh on impossible to come up with any positives.
We do apparently have control over our borders and the waters surrounding the british isles, great.👍

Record high immigration numbers under this government since Brexit. One million in the last 12 months. Not that I care but for those xenophobia and racism was the driver they must be ecstatic.

Itchysphincter said:
Jack2jack said:

Record high immigration numbers under this government since Brexit. One million in the last 12 months. Not that I care but for those xenophobia and racism was the driver they must be ecstatic.

Mogg came up with the 9 top benefits didn't he? (they couldn't even get 10). They were totally laughable.

Thick people, thick country, gets what it deserves. Pego made the right choice.

Ask any small uk based touring band what it is like to tour europe right now. The stories are very very grim. Cannot take merch then you need carnets, stamps, visas, fees, red tape. Before all you needed was a passport.

monmouth said:
Itchysphincter said:

Mogg came up with the 9 top benefits didn't he? (they couldn't even get 10). They were totally laughable.

Reduce fixed wiring testing… what could possibly go wrong with deregulation in buildings…

waynekerr55 said:
monmouth said:

Reduce fixed wiring testing… what could possibly go wrong with deregulation in buildings…

Ask the average farmer what they think, many are having trouble exporting to the EU as there is a difference between our food standards and the EU's standards

Ebo said:
waynekerr55 said:

Ask the average farmer what they think, many are having trouble exporting to the EU as there is a difference between our food standards and the EU's standards

Wibble wibble take back cuntroll

The problem is that now the EU can’t be blamed for everything from immigration to the weather. What to do? Get back on track. Rip up the legal agreement UK triumphantly signed up to and blame the EU for being unreasonable. Classic Boris.

Longlostjack said:
The problem is that now the EU can’t be blamed for everything from immigration to the weather. What to do? Get back on track. Rip up the legal agreement UK triumphantly signed up to and blame the EU for being unreasonable. Classic Boris.

If you thought your supermarket shelves were bare before, wait till the results of that Boris genius move works its way through.
Better start looking up the recipe for turnip soup, boys and girls.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back