• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Wales Post Brexit Funding

westside

First Team Player
Reaction score
Wales looks fecked now with no £375million from EU each year anymore and instead a share of the Levelling Up Fund and Shared Prosperity Fund which will be a few scraps decided by the tories in westminster

https://nation.cymru/news/uk-minister-defends-distribution-of-eu-replacement-funds-that-bypass-welsh-government/

Please correct me if I am wrong with the numbers but, according to that article, a minimum of £375m per annum on top of existing EU programmes is to be replaced by a Shared UK wide Prosperity fund of £220m, of which Wales will get a very small amount, plus £10m from the Levelling up Fund. To kick us on the nuts even further, that much reduced amount of cash is controlled by the Westminster Tory cnts, rather than our Senedd.

Yea...Woop Woop So much winning.

Get fkd Brexiteers.

BrynCartwright said:
Please correct me if I am wrong with the numbers but, according to that article, a minimum of £375m per annum on top of existing EU programmes is to be replaced by a Shared UK wide Prosperity fund of £220m, of which Wales will get a very small amount, plus £10m from the Levelling up Fund. To kick us on the nuts even further, that much reduced amount of cash is controlled by the Westminster Tory c***s, rather than our Senedd.

Get fkd Brexiteers.
Yep that's the way I read it too. Seems a massive reduction in funding. LA already struggling, although some will be looking to recoup a portion of that, due to home working and less infrastructure to look after building stock satellite offices etc, but thats a huge hole to fill right there. I'm wondering if WAG will have any cash to top up or is that it?
Looks a bit shit on the face of it.

BrynCartwright said:
Please correct me if I am wrong with the numbers but, according to that article, a minimum of £375m per annum on top of existing EU programmes is to be replaced by a Shared UK wide Prosperity fund of £220m, of which Wales will get a very small amount, plus £10m from the Levelling up Fund. To kick us on the nuts even further, that much reduced amount of cash is controlled by the Westminster Tory c***s, rather than our Senedd.

Get fkd Brexiteers.

Most of that cash will be going straight to seats the Tories will be looking to win at the next election too. I expect Newport, Bridgend and Pembrokeshire to do very well.

BrynCartwright said:

Get fkd Brexiteers.

Wonder what that useless Labour cùnt will waste it on, my guess is something in SE Wales...

Samba said:
BrynCartwright said:

Get fkd Brexiteers.

Wonder what that useless Labour c**t will waste it on, my guess is something in SE Wales...

I don't understand your post....what Labour c**t?, and did you actually read the article or my post...? ...the main point being very large sums of guaranteed EU funding into Wales, managed by the Welsh, is to be replaced by a tiny amount managed by the UK Tories. ......which bit is hard for you to comprehend......butt?

It's exceedingly sh*t and yes, it's a huge reduction in the amount of funding available. It is only a pilot this year, so maybe (not holding breath) there will be larger annual pots in future years. It also can't be used for infrastructure projects (think of all the major road/bus station etc upgrades we've had across Wales as a result of EU funding). The councils will be screwed. Universities will miss out too with fewer jobs and less spending in the communities as a result. And yep, the Senedd has been cut out of discussions entirely.

BrynCartwright said:
Samba said:
Wonder what that useless Labour c**t will waste it on, my guess is something in SE Wales...

I don't understand your post....what Labour c**t?, and did you actually read the article or my post...? ...the main point being very large sums of guaranteed EU funding into Wales, managed by the Welsh, is to be replaced by a tiny amount managed by the UK Tories. ......which bit is hard for you to comprehend......butt?

Conservatives and their cheerleaders are so incapable of introspection these days that many are physically incapable of responding with anything other than "yeah but Labour," when challenged on their actions. It's what happens when you constantly make decisions based on nothing but naked self interest rather than a desire to better the public good. They don't have any ideology or morality apart from just doing whatever is personally beneficial in any given moment.

It's how we saw Boris Johnson standing by Matt Hancock on Friday morning saying the matter was closed, but by Monday morning it was his idea to sack him after he'd resigned.

They know what they are doing is self serving and morally repugnant, and they can't justify it for a second so they just don't bother.

AceJack said:
BrynCartwright said:

Conservatives and their cheerleaders are so incapable of introspection these days that many are physically incapable of responding with anything other than "yeah but Labour," when challenged on their actions. It's what happens when you constantly make decisions based on nothing but naked self interest rather than a desire to better the public good. They don't have any ideology or morality apart from just doing whatever is personally beneficial in any given moment.

It's how we saw Boris Johnson standing by Matt Hancock on Friday morning saying the matter was closed, but by Monday morning it was his idea to sack him after he'd resigned.

They know what they are doing is self serving and morally repugnant, and they can't justify it for a second so they just don't bother.

Superb post, absolutely spot on ace👍

AceJack said:

You've given a good approximation of conservatives everywhere.

BrynCartwright said:
Samba said:

Drakeford butty...or haven't you noticed over the last 20+
years. But the thick Welsh keep his party in, butt.

Fireboy said:
AceJack said:

Superb post, absolutely spot on ace👍

The Queen sheep has spoken, getting embarrassing now.

DJack said:
AceJack said:

You've given a good approximation of conservatives everywhere.

Really? Another sheep, are you a clone of fireboy?

Samba said:
BrynCartwright said:

Drakeford butty...or haven't you noticed over the last 20+
years. But the thick Welsh keep his party in, butt.

So how are you going to address the massive shortfall in funding post Brexit butty bach....?..

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back