• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

A-Z of The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iOa8zwKHWRs&feature=youtu.be

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MZnlXciG5l4&feature=youtu.be

It wasn't the best concert. My memories are most singers struggled, the crowd didn't want George Michael until he sang and then they wanted him to front the band. Axl and Elton were dreadful. It was a lesson in how to ruin some great songs.
Adam Lambert hasn't done a bad job. Saw them at the start at Hammersmith Apollo.

WxmJax said:
It wasn't the best concert. My memories are most singers struggled, the crowd didn't want George Michael until he sang and then they wanted him to front the band. Axl and Elton were dreadful. It was a lesson in how to ruin some great songs.
Adam Lambert hasn't done a bad job. Saw them at the start at Hammersmith Apollo.

It was a genuine tribute and featured most of the hot acts of the hour so it didn’t need to be polished, but yeah, most of them weren’t very good - I seem to recall Extreme and Waxl struggling badly. One thing that I do have memories of being brilliant, if I’m remembering right, was Robert Plant singing Innuendo with Queen, that song was made for him and he made it a million times better than Queen ever could.

Itchysphincter said:
WxmJax said:

if I’m remembering right, was Robert Plant singing Innuendo with Queen, that song was made for him and he made it a million times better than Queen ever could.

Obviously.

Itchysphincter said:
WxmJax said:

It was a genuine tribute and featured most of the hot acts of the hour so it didn’t need to be polished, but yeah, most of them weren’t very good - I seem to recall Extreme and Waxl struggling badly. One thing that I do have memories of being brilliant, if I’m remembering right, was Robert Plant singing Innuendo with Queen, that song was made for him and he made it a million times better than Queen ever could.

Extreme got the mood of the day perfectly. A 20 minute Queen medley done very well. Crowd on the day loved it. Metallica were fine, GnR pretty awful. Def Leppard were good from what I remember. Highlight of the second half was undoubtedly George Michael and also Gary Cherone’s Hammer to Fall. I can’t remember much of Plant except that I had a pretty weird dream about him on Friday night last week.

exiledclaseboy said:
Itchysphincter said:

Extreme got the mood of the day perfectly. A 20 minute Queen medley done very well. Crowd on the day loved it. Metallica were fine, GnR pretty awful. Def Leppard were good from what I remember. Highlight of the second half was undoubtedly George Michael and also Gary Cherone’s Hammer to Fall. I can’t remember much of Plant except that I had a pretty weird dream about him on Friday night last week.

Forgot Def Leppard was there, can’t really imagine them being any good tbh. Percy was on Desert Island Discs the other day, very good.

I'm going slightly mad. I thought the concert began at 6pm, I didn't realise it had been on all day-oh.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back