• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ads on thw site and very slow

PSumbler said:
Ive emailed tonight and asked fro changes on the logged out experience

The logged in experience is desiged to be significantly better

Still getting the full page ad every time I click on a link

Nocountryforoldjack said:

And me, even when logged in on iPad.

Sorry I should have added I asked for that to be removed, always been opposed to them

Still there as of now mate

Sorry they didnt remove them in the first three minutes ;) :D

The request is in but it does need to be looked at!

Happy to report no ads, no lagging on both tablet and mobile using chrome and AdGaurd blocker.

Still there mate💪😂

Just for that now I'mnot switching them off

The good news is you wont notice the difference :lol:

Just an update on this - some of the ads (logged in and out) have been disabled which has helped

The full page ads still appears intermittently but all the settings are suggesting it shouldnt so that is being looked into further

The speed of the site is being monitored with various things being tweaked

I'm on my Android phone, logged in, but the ads are making this a horrendous experience. Why we need to have them is a total mystery, surely ads don't have to be this obstructive of our viewing? Crazy!!

Bluenile said:
I'm on my Android phone, logged in, but the ads are making this a horrendous experience. Why we need to have them is a total mystery, surely ads don't have to be this obstructive of our viewing? Crazy!!

Why we need to have them? Something needs to cover the hosting costs of the site unless we all want to like have a whip round for it? :lol:

As I keep saying I am trying to get it resolved, I cant keep repeating it any more

PSumbler said:
Why we need to have them? Something needs to cover the hosting costs of the site unless we all want to like have a whip round for it? :lol:

As I keep saying I am trying to get it resolved, I cant keep repeating it any more

Sorry Phil, I didn't mean why do we have them at all, I just meant the ones that pop up obtrusively when we're trying to read something. Also, I've just downloaded Firefox for Android (it's what I use on my PC), and it seems, initially, that it's done the trick . . . . . And breathe.

Bluenile said:
Sorry Phil, I didn't mean why do we have them at all, I just meant the ones that pop up obtrusively when we're trying to read something. Also, I've just downloaded Firefox for Android (it's what I use on my PC), and it seems, initially, that it's done the trick . . . . . And breathe.

None of it is making any sense at the moment - no settings have been changed my end, the agency are adamant they havent changed anything and yet these things are appearing everywhere

If I get a quiet moment later on I'll take anotehr look as something has clearly happened!

Finally seem to have found the offending issue for the full page ad

May take an hour (ish) to disappear

Now working on the sticky one at the bottom!

Just had an ad for a chicken royale pop up.
Not generally a McDonald’s fan, but I’m off to get one now.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back