• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ads/pop ups

BanosSwan said:
The annoying thing is I'm still getting ads for something i actually bought. These bots aren't as clever as they think they are.

Maybe they are warning you it is about to break..have you checked in on in lately :lol: ;)

PSumbler said:
There has to be some level of ads on the site to cover the hosting/running costs which have always been quite heavy because of forum traffic (for the same reason that fansnetwork have them as well)

These should be banner ads, no video advertising and nothing that generates a pop up or new window at all. All settings are supposed to be less adverts for people logged into the site and less again on pages where it's classed as "non content" (like the pages where you have to type replies like this)

As I type I am seeing a banner across the top of the page and that is it. They are designed to be as non intrusive as possible and way short of things like Wales Online :lol:

On the main site the settings are slightly different but shouldnt be hugely

I've work calls most of this morning so will take a look later today to make sure the settings are as they should be and have a chat with the agency that supplies them to make sure that the content of them hasn't changed

I am signed in and getting a banner ad across top of page and a pop up banner along bottom of page, sometimes I get an ad in the middle of the forum as well, I have checked all my settings which appear ok. Nothing like WOL but frustrating on occasions. My page shows that Google Adsense bot is signed in but I have also had another ad bot signed in as well.

Pacemaker said:
PSumbler said:
There has to be some level of ads on the site to cover the hosting/running costs which have always been quite heavy because of forum traffic (for the same reason that fansnetwork have them as well)

These should be banner ads, no video advertising and nothing that generates a pop up or new window at all. All settings are supposed to be less adverts for people logged into the site and less again on pages where it's classed as "non content" (like the pages where you have to type replies like this)

As I type I am seeing a banner across the top of the page and that is it. They are designed to be as non intrusive as possible and way short of things like Wales Online :lol:

On the main site the settings are slightly different but shouldnt be hugely

I've work calls most of this morning so will take a look later today to make sure the settings are as they should be and have a chat with the agency that supplies them to make sure that the content of them hasn't changed

I am signed in and getting a banner ad across top of page and a pop up banner along bottom of page, sometimes I get an ad in the middle of the forum as well, I have checked all my settings which appear ok. Nothing like WOL but frustrating on occasions. My page shows that Google Adsense bot is signed in but I have also had another ad bot signed in as well.

The pop up is the one confusing me - the top and middle is right. The one at the bottom should be static when signed in - shouldn't be a pop up.

The bottom ad is an overlay, rather than a pop up (pop ups open in a new tab / window, this just overlays itself above the site content). It only seems to appear every half a dozen pages or so too, normally for me the bottom ad is just static like the top ones

Not a problem here but then I'm using my phone and holding it vertically, so the overlay barely gets in the way. I can imagine it being more intrusive on a horizontal laptop screen though

Just navigated the site with my phone held horizontally and the overlay ad takes up half the screen. Very annoying, can see why people are complaining

I get 3 ads in each thread, 1 at the top, 1 a few posts down and 1 at the bottom and they're always for stuff I've been looking for/at online recently which at the moment is one day car insurance.

karnataka said:
I get 3 ads in each thread, 1 at the top, 1 a few posts down and 1 at the bottom and they're always for stuff I've been looking for/at online recently which at the moment is one day car insurance.

Thats the right bit (although I cant comment on your car insurance!) - its the static one that Blaze and others have referred to that I need to look at - that shouldnt be happening and doubly frustrating as I'm not seeing it :lol:

BLAZE said:
The bottom ad is an overlay, rather than a pop up (pop ups open in a new tab / window, this just overlays itself above the site content). It only seems to appear every half a dozen pages or so too, normally for me the bottom ad is just static like the top ones

Not a problem here but then I'm using my phone and holding it vertically, so the overlay barely gets in the way. I can imagine it being more intrusive on a horizontal laptop screen though

Ah I am more with you now and helps as I'm looking for a pop up - I'll have a hunt for that now

PSumbler said:
karnataka said:

Thats the right bit (although I cant comment on your car insurance!) - its the static one that Blaze and others have referred to that I need to look at - that shouldnt be happening and doubly frustrating as I'm not seeing it :lol:

That's OK then, I'm obviously not seeing what's causing others these problems either then. I'll shut up!

PSumbler said:
BLAZE said:

Ah I am more with you now and helps as I'm looking for a pop up - I'll have a hunt for that now

Hi Phil, please see my link in the post above regarding the pop ups that I experience when viewing this site.

Richard said:
PSumbler said:

Hi Phil, please see my link in the post above regarding the pop ups that I experience when viewing this site.

That was helpful - its the banner that is overlaying the posts which would certainly annoy anyone. Leave that with me, I'm currently listening to people enjoying the sound oftheir own voice so having a look and a couple of email exchanges - whether they are called pop ups or overlays which I think is what Blaze called them, I'm only comfortable with banners. The one I am seeing is currently telling me to brush my teeth so quite how they know I have just had two pieces of marmite on toast is beyond me!

karnataka said:
PSumbler said:

That's OK then, I'm obviously not seeing what's causing others these problems either then. I'll shut up!

I'm assuming they get hidden from us site royalty... :lol:

I was getting them but no sign of them this morning.

The banners have re-appeared for me. Very annoying when trying to read posts. Please see link below:

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/Untitled_12.jpg

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back