• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ads/pop ups

Thanks Richard - when did this start happening again? And are you logged in or logged out of the site when they appear?

Hi Phil,

It started happening yesterday. If I open a second tab and navigate to this site I do not see the banners. However, if i relaunch Chrome and navigate to this site I see the banners.

Richard said:
Hi Phil,

It started happening yesterday. If I open a second tab and navigate to this site I do not see the banners. However, if i relaunch Chrome and navigate to this site I see the banners.

Cheers thank you - leave it with me.

Viewing on iPad, the massive ones that appear at the top where you have to scroll down at least half a page to get to the threads is really starting to make the forum a pain to read. You start reading and all of a sudden the page is moved down by quite a lot. It’s not like it’s just on the main page...it’s every page that loads.

MrSwerve said:
Viewing on iPad, the massive ones that appear at the top where you have to scroll down at least half a page to get to the threads is really starting to make the forum a pain to read. You start reading and all of a sudden the page is moved down by quite a lot. It’s not like it’s just on the main page...it’s every page that loads.

I agree, it's a real nuisance when the page layout shuffles as the ads load.

MrSwerve said:

Indeed.

It usually jumps just as you touch the screen so you get something that you certainly didn't want.

J_B said:
MrSwerve said:

Indeed.

It usually jumps just as you touch the screen so you get something that you certainly didn't want.

Yes, same happens to me but I've learned to be a little more patient now as I know it's going to move, unless I'm not concentrating!

OK so the sticky banner that Richard highlighted has been fed back - lets see how that changes

For the top banner I can probably get it changed for when people are logged in so it won't interfere with postings etc. As I've said before I do need to cover site costs and forums do tend to be bandwidth heavy but am trying to get everything kept to a minimum so leave it all with me will see what I can do

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back