• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Angel

Get him in now, make him an assistant manager. Cooper hasn't had the benefit of knowing what a particular style means to us with no fans to let him know. Rangel arguably could be that for us.

thefranchise said:
Get him in now, make him an assistant manager. Cooper hasn't had the benefit of knowing what a particular style means to us with no fans to let him know. Rangel arguably could be that for us.

What we need is a loan system for coaches. Get him on contract with us, then send him out on loan for a few years to learn his trade like you would with a young player. Then when he's ready we can put him in charge.

OK, that wouldn't work, but it's worth letting him make his mistakes elsewhere first.

Hate the "jobs for the boys" culture at the club (Tate) but this is a no-brainer for me, AR will command the respect of the players from the off, it is going to happen, and the sooner the better 👍

Dr. Winston said:
thefranchise said:

What we need is a loan system for coaches. Get him on contract with us, then send him out on loan for a few years to learn his trade like you would with a young player. Then when he's ready we can put him in charge.

OK, that wouldn't work, but it's worth letting him make his mistakes elsewhere first.

Maybe as an under 23s manager for us?

I have no idea if he'd make a good coach but whenever he was interviewed he always always came across as an intelligent person and we saw he had a great football brain.

We do seem to love giving ex players coaching jobs.

Full story here:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56812885

Seems he missed family life, as he's lived away from them for 3 years. Welcome back YJB

An absolute legend for us... I’d advocate a statue of him and Britton down the Liberty.

thefranchise said:
whenever he was interviewed he always always came across as an intelligent person and we saw he had a great football brain.

That's the key for me. Like you, I'm not overly fond of the "He's a legend! Give him a job!" stuff, but in his interviews he certainly came across as someone with the brains to make a fist of coaching if that's what he wants to do. Obviously intelligence is only a part of it, but it helps.

Joe Allen is another who I've always been greatly impressed by when I've listened to interviews or the rare bit of punditry.

Dr. Winston said:
thefranchise said:
whenever he was interviewed he always always came across as an intelligent person and we saw he had a great football brain.

That's the key for me. Like you, I'm not overly fond of the "He's a legend! Give him a job!" stuff, but in his interviews he certainly came across as someone with the brains to make a fist of coaching if that's what he wants to do. Obviously intelligence is only a part of it, but it helps.

Joe Allen is another who I've always been greatly impressed by when I've listened to interviews or the rare bit of punditry.

He has his badges, his wife and kids are here. If there's room, we should give him something to do. We've done it with others who have played for us. A passionate defender that liked to also attack and played for us as an attacking side, seems like a no brainer to me.

Dr. Winston said:
thefranchise said:

A bit like Steve Cooper did in his interview for the job. Don't mean shit, Rangel could be the second christ or he could be utter ass water or he could be somewhere in between.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back