• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Anyone booked tickets yet for anything at Swansea Arena?

Swansea93 said:
314D35AF-E51D-4157-BD2A-98D0BEE58203.jpeg
Nice photo. I bet the residents in the flats are delighted with the coloured lights, mind you with the cost of leccy these days, they might save a bit.đź‘Ť

Ebo said:
Robbie said:
Ready for Alice Cooper too , really hope maybe we are over this wretched pandemic by then and get back to some sort of normality .

Not sure of the progress on the actual building though , so far hoping it will all go ahead as planned .

Bill Bailey looks interesting but might hold back a bit on too much forward planning .

My boss was invited over for a nose yesterday. He was impressed. They have done the floor and stage and just about finishing off the lower seating area. Lighting all in place inside too.

Thanks for the info , not really got an issue with the actual building , but regarding my own , and probably others in the same situation , wary of large crowds especially indoors . Still concerned about going to the Liberty , sorry , Swansea.com Stadium .

Have been triple jabbed so it will be interesting to see the guidance on masks , passes etc by then .
Still a bit of time ahead of us to get an improving situation , be great to get to live music again .

My boss was invited over for a nose yesterday. He was impressed. They have done the floor and stage and just about finishing off the lower seating area. Lighting all in place inside too.
Went there last night with my wife to see Tom Allen, it was our first time in the arena. Quite impressive, particularly the sound system , but why oh why isn't all the seating tiered? For a fairly newly built venue think this is a massive mistake.

Went there last night with my wife to see Tom Allen, it was our first time in the arena. Quite impressive, particularly the sound system , but why oh why isn't all the seating tiered? For a fairly newly built venue think this is a massive mistake.
Great asset for the city, wish the capacity was slightly larger though, say 5000.

I was there last night as well. Been there 4 times now..Tom was pretty funny, even though I've heard some of his routine before...the sound system is top notch...I just wish the Swans stadium was anywhere near it in quality...biggest issue with the Arena though are the extortionate drinks prices...absolutely take the piss...we went for a couple of pints beforehand in the Queens that cost half the price and were better quality...

I was there last night as well. Been there 4 times now..Tom was pretty funny, even though I've heard some of his routine before...the sound system is top notch...I just wish the Swans stadium was anywhere near it in quality...biggest issue with the Arena though are the extortionate drinks prices...absolutely take the piss...we went for a couple of pints beforehand in the Queens that cost half the price and were better quality...
How much were they, my wife and i don't drink but did pay ÂŁ3.20 for 2 halves of diet coke when seeing Count Arthur strong in the sherman theatre in Cardiff on Wednesday.

How much were they, my wife and i don't drink but did pay ÂŁ3.20 for 2 halves of diet coke when seeing Count Arthur strong in the sherman theatre in Cardiff on Wednesday.
When I saw the Aussie Pink Floyd band about 14 months ago, a pint of Yankee Budweiser pish was ÂŁ7.50, and Martin Morgan's Gower Gold was ÂŁ8 ....though extortionate pricing in concert venues seems to be the norm now...I forked out ÂŁ15.50 for a pint of San Miguel and a can of Guinness in Cardiff Utilita Sunday before last when we saw Jonathan Pie, and at the Bristol O2 venue, pints were ÂŁ7.50 each at the Sleaford Mods gig in November...

When I saw the Aussie Pink Floyd band about 14 months ago, a pint of Yankee Budweiser pish was ÂŁ7.50, and Martin Morgan's Gower Gold was ÂŁ8 ....though extortionate pricing in concert venues seems to be the norm now...I forked out ÂŁ15.50 for a pint of San Miguel and a can of Guinness in Cardiff Utilita Sunday before last when we saw Jonathan Pie, and at the Bristol O2 venue, pints were ÂŁ7.50 each at the Sleaford Mods gig in November...

❗️Martin Morgan's Gower Gold ❗️

Dineen’s.

You are right , what they charge for food and drink at nearly every concert venue is an absolute disgrace. My wife and i rarely buy anything inside a venue like that .

Can't comment on the Tom Allen show specifically as I wasn't there, but I imagine the front seating was the non tiered section? If so, it's because the non-tiered seating is temporary, and only moved out for certain shows. Most of the bands play to the standing floor as opposed to seating, so it's impossible to factor it all in unfortunately

Great asset for the city, wish the capacity was slightly larger though, say 5000.
As someone really into live music, I also frequent a few music forums, and there was a discussion a little while ago on there about the Swansea Arena. I'll pass on the main thoughts here:

'I live in Swansea, and the Arena is a source of enormous conflict for me and a lot of friends. The building itself is an amazing bit of architecture, situated in an amazing location, and looks gorgeous (especially with the lights on at night time), but what's the point of it? They've spent an astonishing amount of money to build it, but it's not big enough to host any truly worthwhile events. Compare it to Cardiff International (aka Motorpoint) which is a characterless shrug of a building, and it wipes the floor aesthetically. But Cardiff can host 6,000 or so fans for gigs, and therefore actually attracts worthwhile acts (pretty much ever arena size band visits Cardiff, though it is the smallest show on the tour), whereas Swansea is only the size of an O2 Academy and is currently booking legacy acts and not much else.

I'm excited to see Fontaines DC there next month, and I saw Royal Blood back on opening day, but the lack of any remotely appealing acts/events to people outside of Swansea is a huge waste of potential. I'm not an architect, but surely they could have removed a few hundred of the permanent seats to free up more standing room to offer a more enticing attendance for bigger acts?

For those of you wondering, the next bands to play there are Level 42, Squeeze, and Will Young. It's hardly worthy of millions of ÂŁ worth of infrastructure.'

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back