• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Anyone but Currys

Squarebear

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Where do you folks get your white goods from?

I've tried searching for "fridge" but almost every hit seemed to be Dicky telling us what he'd be drinking that night.

AO.Com - used them a couple of times now and very happy with the service

Euronics are another good shout, a nationwide network of small domestic appliance sellers - you get good local service with national buying power

gadget1974 said:

Euronics are another good shout, a nationwide network of small domestic appliance sellers - you get good local service with national buying power

AO.Com are our go to, very reliable and doesn't cost the earth for them to take old appliance + packaging away with them, which can be a ballache (30 quid I think).

But take my advice and don't get insurance from AOL, absolutely a waste of money unless you want to be without a fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer for about 2 months 👍

Have used AO and Euronics. AO have been very good. Diuring the pandemic they gave free next day delivery to NHS staff which was a godsend when our washing machine packed up. We've used them since they were 'Appliances Online' and they've always had keen prices.

We did get the best deal on a freezer in Currys in Morfa though. A lucky one off deal where my wife saw the one she was going to get off AO and I just said, we'll give you X for it and take it away now and got lucky. Ended up £100 cheaper than AO. Just have to avoid all the hard sell insurance and other such garbage.

Squarebear said:
Where do you folks get your white goods from?

I've tried searching for "fridge" but almost every hit seemed to be Dicky telling us what he'd be drinking that night.

Where do you live? If it’s Carmarthen Cross Hands way try Wayne Evans in Carmarthen or Jones Television, Nantgaredig. Both are excellent, the latter carry a bigger stock than the former and they’ve both done fridges and freezers for me on same or next day delivery. They also are away. If you’re more Llanelli way, Vaughan’s could be an option.

Swanjaxs said:
gadget1974 said:

AO.Com are our go to, very reliable and doesn't cost the earth for them to take old appliance + packaging away with them, which can be a ballache (30 quid I think).

But take my advice and don't get insurance from AOL, absolutely a waste of money unless you want to be without a fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer for about 2 months 👍

I concur re the insurance and I never buy it regardless of where I buy my electricals. If you want "insurance" just consider what is the likelihood that more than one of your fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, oven or microwave will pack up over the next 12 months. Assume one of those items costs £500. Stick £45 a month in a little account or in cash in an envelope. If you don't have a breakdown at the end of the year you have £500 towards the next new item. Keep putting the cash away though and you'll soon build up a decent pot for repairs/replacement

Mostly AO, but wherever the best deal is (from the bigger boy stores).

Get on pricerunner to check prices.

Cheers. I've just gone with AO. I'd wanted to try and buy locally but couldn't find exactly what I wanted.

Got my last washing machine from Euronics. They even did a rush order for me so I got it before Christmas, which was nice of them.

If you have a good local Euronics supplier then well worth using. Sadly ours shut some years ago. AO are fine, but Marks Electrical based in Leicester are excellent with delivery and support-they will deliver nationally (https://markselectrical.co.uk). Currys are worse than useless.

I was looking for a chest freezer the other week. Same one, but with a different badge, was £20 cheaper at the village shop (which is Euronics) than Currys. Win /win.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back