• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Anyone still follow the Ospreys/Scarlets on here?

Squarebear said:
I lived in England when all this regional rugby malarkey happened and since then it's felt like I've come home and there are a bunch of posing overpaid c@nts living in my house, using my stuff. I can't relate to it. It's like a time warp that missed me out.

I hear that, I too was living in England. The first few seasons I couldn't get my head around my beloved Whites weren't competing in 'first class' rugby...to make it worse, they were put together with the best of Swansea, and neef 😕 But over the years, I've put my indifferences aside to be able to watch 'first class' rugby.

It's still not easy for me to take I have to admit, knowing that the turks and cardiff have made no sacrifices for the sake of Welsh rugby yet they still get a lot of their own way...even Newport/dargons have been bank rolled by the WRUin ffs.

However, great 40-50 minutes by the Ospreys on Sunday. We have some great youngsters stepping up and it seems the right men behind the scenes. It was great seeing the boys silencing the gobshites from Gwent 😁

Samba said:
Squarebear said:
I lived in England when all this regional rugby malarkey happened and since then it's felt like I've come home and there are a bunch of posing overpaid c@nts living in my house, using my stuff. I can't relate to it. It's like a time warp that missed me out.

I hear that, I too was living in England. The first few seasons I couldn't get my head around my beloved Whites weren't competing in 'first class' rugby...to make it worse, they were put together with the best of Swansea, and neef 😕 But over the years, I've put my indifferences aside to be able to watch 'first class' rugby.

It's still not easy for me to take I have to admit, knowing that the turks and cardiff have made no sacrifices for the sake of Welsh rugby yet they still get a lot of their own way...even Newport/dargons have been bank rolled by the WRUin ffs.

However, great 40-50 minutes by the Ospreys on Sunday. We have some great youngsters stepping up and it seems the right men behind the scenes. It was great seeing the boys silencing the gobshites from Gwent 😁

Rename them Swansea and I would watch again. I can't believe it would diminish the ridiculously pathetic crowds that Ospreys abortion gets.

Darran said:
If you follow @Essex_Welsh_Ref on Twitter you’ll see how much these stupid f*cking regions have ruined rugby in Wales.

Some of the action photos are tremendous.

When Scarlets play Ospreys i support Scarlets but will support Ospreys against anyone else. Thought it was a massive pity Keelan Giles' career has been effected by so many unjuries. He was just amazingly rapid a few years back.... Oh and I'll support Cardiff or Dragons against any non Welsh team.

monmouth said:
Samba said:

Rename them Swansea and I would watch again. I can't believe it would diminish the ridiculously pathetic crowds that Ospreys abortion gets.

But it is what it is...as I said, I've bought into it now and I do enjoy it 👍

BrynCartwright said:
When Scarlets play Ospreys i support Scarlets but will support Ospreys against anyone else. Thought it was a massive pity Keelan Giles' career has been effected by so many unjuries. He was just amazingly rapid a few years back.... Oh and I'll support Cardiff or Dragons against any non Welsh team.

Must be so frustrating for him, stop start stop start...

Darran said:
If you follow @Essex_Welsh_Ref on Twitter you’ll see how much these stupid f*cking regions have ruined rugby in Wales.

What a stupid fùcking comment from a stupid fùcking 'man'.

The sport turning professional ruined rugby in Wales. Having rugby men trying to run a business hasn't helped. I doubt Wales would have been so successful had we carried on as we were though, so there has been improvements. I would have preferred 4 club sides acting as regions, no mixing, no rebranding and I reckon crowds would have been better than what they've been. Certainly couldn't have been worse.

Saying all that, Ospreys were first sports team to fill the LS 👍

Only ever went to see the Ospreys once. The ground was so devoid of atmosphere I thought I was on the Moon.

Boxing Day Neath v Aberavon at the Gnoll, or New Years Day(?) All Whites v Neath at St Helens in the 80s/90s
- now that was atmosphere

Some of the appearances players made in the 1980's were clean off!!
The All Whites used to play 46 games as did Llanelli, Neath and Cardiff and other "first class" sides.
These guys were amateurs with jobs. The crowds they suddenly found themselves playing in front off were packed houses.
Took some confidence I'm sure.
I always remember the pressure the players felt in Llanelli v Swansea games.
Every missed tackle, dropped pass and catch was ironically cheered.
You had to have something about you to crack on and put it behind you.
Many players went to pieces especially the less glamourous sides.

Costello said:
Only ever went to see the Ospreys once. The ground was so devoid of atmosphere I thought I was on the Moon.

Boxing Day Neath v Aberavon at the Gnoll, or New Years Day(?) All Whites v Neath at St Helens in the 80s/90s
- now that was atmosphere

Playing the turks on Boxing Day is usually a good day out with atmosphere, some ERC games too. There should be a decent crowd (12k ish) this Saturday vs Cardiff...but unfortunately they don't travel well for some reason.

Great pics of a young Mark Perego playing for the Scarlets. He was quite a character, but these pictures make you realise how young he was when he first got into the side.
Richard Webster and Tony Clement were heroes of mine. Playing for the All Whites at 18 years of age against gnarled men who'd been about for years.

dickythorpe said:
Great pics of a young Mark Perego playing for the Scarlets. He was quite a character, but these pictures make you realise how young he was when he first got into the side.
Richard Webster and Tony Clement were heroes of mine. Playing for the All Whites at 18 years of age against gnarled men who'd been about for years.

Played Webby and Clem many times, Webby in fact had a smack in the mush from me, they couldn't get my hand off the ball in a maul so he bit into my arm 🤣(claim to fame lol) Seen him put his head in places others wouldn't put their feet, tough lad 👍

Webby got a lot of respect from Mike spikey Watkins after being a bit mouthy that the step up from youth to seniors was hardly noticeable 🤣🤣😂
Watkins slapped him a few times but said he kept coming back for more🙈😂🤣

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back