• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Are Crystal Palace moving or is Cooper here to stay? – time for decisions are now.

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
16th June.   More than halfway through the month already and just a few weeks short of the Swans returning to pre-season training and yet we still don’t know the future of Steve Cooper as Crystal Palace undertake one of the most farcical managerial searches for some time. The dust had barely settled...

Read more

I doubt not being first choice is a dent to his ego. He seems pragmatic enough and those that have been in the game as long as he has will know how it works. We need that decision though for sure. Hopefully we've got a few replacements already in mind in case he does go.

Brendan was our 4th choice I believe at the time, he even said he couldn’t get League 2 interviews.

swansnews said:
16th June.   More than halfway through the month already and just a few weeks short of the Swans returning to pre-season training and yet we still don’t know the future of Steve Cooper as Crystal Palace undertake one of the most farcical managerial searches for some time. The dust had barely settled...

Read more

Yep, say somin one way or another, communication from club is pathetic, anyone know who's running the show these days Winters is like a fecking wall flower, speak up or fukoff, at least we had communication from Birch, this one is tongue tied.
Cooper can make his mind up to, if you going go if not say so, pathetic from all parties.

Niigata Jack said:
swansnews said:

Read more

Yep, say somin one way or another, communication from club is pathetic, anyone know who's running the show these days Winters is like a fecking wall flower, speak up or fukoff, at least we had communication from Birch, this one is tongue tied.
Cooper can make his mind up to, if you going go if not say so, pathetic from all parties.

Its fucking incredible mind, baring in mind where we've come from over the last ten yrs and fans are still treated with contempt, WE MATTER and DESERVE RESPECT GET YOUR ACTS TOGETHER.

Niigata Jack said:

What do you expect the club to say? They're not going to come out and admit that they're hoping someone takes him off our hands, because if they don't that could go down as constructive dismissal. They're not going to come out and say that they want him to stay as that would be an obvious lie (hence the lack of a new contract when he's got a year to go).

All they can do is keep quiet and wait for some gullible fool elsewhere to pony up the cash so we can get shot and move on with our lives.

Dr. Winston said:
What do you expect the club to say? They're not going to come out and admit that they're hoping someone takes him off our hands, because if they don't that could go down as constructive dismissal. They're not going to come out and say that they want him to stay as that would be an obvious lie (hence the lack of a new contract when he's got a year to go).

All they can do is keep quiet and wait for some gullible fool elsewhere to pony up the cash so we can get shot and move on with our lives.

Indeed. What could the club possibly say? If we are not prepared to sack him, and why would we, then there is nothing to say. It’s Coopers move, so it’ll probably move at the speed of a glacier. Maybe he’ll go sideways or backwards.

Cooper isn’t going to tie himself. Like all managers he wants, a bigger contract, or to go elsewhere if he gets a better offer but if he doesn’t get it or doesn’t get sacked, he’ll stay. That holds for the next year. My big worry remains we stupidly give him a new contract and then have to pay a lot more when we sack him in December.

Maybe Cooper should say he’ll never leave the cloob that he looves? Actually Wigan would now be ideal for Cooper I’m sure.

Afraid to say Palace looking abroad and sounds like they've stopped pursuing managers within this country. According to Alan Nixon anyway.

I guess if it was Cooper then they would have got him by now

New season old wardrobe.

Classic and understated.

Enjoy Euros and come back fired up.

Come on my lovely boys.

Lucien Favre 2nd fav at 9/4. Never heard of him. If palace were having Cooper they would have done it by surely. I fear we are saddled with another edge of the seat season betting on which games we get a shot on target.

Lucien Favre was linked to us before when he was at Mochengladbach I remember a lot of fans calling for him to come here anyway.

I do feel that Cooper benefitted greatly from empty stadiums last season, the crowds would never have let him have an easy ride with the fare he often offered up

bakajack said:
I do feel that Cooper benefitted greatly from empty stadiums last season, the crowds would never have let him have an easy ride with the fare he often offered up

He’ll be very uncomfortable next year serving up his usual dogshit, and rightly so. He needs to get out if he knows what’s good for him.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back