• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Are we closing in on Ogbene? Are Rotherham ready to deal?

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
The pursuit of Chiedozie Ogbene seems a relatively long one given the links that go back as far as last summer but we are now at the stage that at least we will know what January brings one way or another by this time next week. It seems reasonably clear that the Swans made him […]

Read more

My guess is we'll find out about 30 minutes before the transfer deadline door closes that we failed to get the deal over the line, but have secured the service of Fulham's promising U23 forward (add name) on loan until the end of the season... 👍

Swanjaxs said:
My guess is we'll find out about 30 minutes before the transfer deadline door closes that we failed to get the deal over the line, but have secured the service of Fulham's promising U23 forward (add name) on loan until the end of the season... 👍

Anyone would think you had witnessed our transfer dealings in the past :D

I agree with Michael, I got a funny feeling he'll end up here by the end of the window. I think if he was going elsewhere it would have happened by now. Could be completely wrong mind you.

Rotherham are playing a similar game to us.
Difference being he's out of contract in 6 months.

I’d be happy if we finished the window with Ogbene, Drameh (loan), Whittaker, and Manning new deal with Pato and Obafemi out.

Swansea93 said:
I’d be happy if we finished the window with Ogbene, Drameh (loan), Whittaker, and Manning new deal with Pato and Obafemi out.

Well you can cross Drameh off already.

Swansea93 said:

So would I but we’re both living on fantasy island.

https://twitter.com/pjcadden/status/1620440630672621569?s=20&t=ODLaWAmp68WxLglDe0aO9Q

Wants to come to the swans...

Risc said:
https://twitter.com/pjcadden/status/1620440630672621569?s=20&t=ODLaWAmp68WxLglDe0aO9Q

Wants to come to the swans...

We’re probably hoping to get him for like 500K

Swansea93 said:
We’re probably hoping to get him for like 500K

My take on it is this, he's the player we were a long way through the negotiations with, expecting Whittaker to be a quick sale hence the recall and to use that money, but it never came.

Why Martin said we could buy without selling, no idea, maybe not to be held to ransom my the likes of Rangers, but it's backfired it looks like.

Risc said:
My take on it is this, he's the player we were a long way through the negotiations with, expecting Whittaker to be a quick sale hence the recall and to use that money, but it never came.

Why Martin said we could buy without selling, no idea, maybe not to be held to ransom my the likes of Rangers, but it's backfired it looks like.
Is this chap any better than Whittaker then? Genuine question.

Neath_Jack said:

Not sure he is tbh. Which makes the next question whether Ogbene in and Whittaker out + £1m in the bank is a better option...

Millwall just signed Duncan Watmore, potentially another rival for him dropping out

Neath_Jack said:

Probably not, but as Russy would rather wash his balls in aftershave than give Whittaker a decent chance we've been chasing him for months.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back