• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Arsenal striker set for Middlesbrough move

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
The Swans look to have missed out on one of their transfer targets with Arsenal striker Folarin Balogun set to join Middlesbrough in the next few days. Russell Martin and his team had identified Balogun as a potential signing in the January window with the Daily Express reporting that Chris Wilder had...

Read more

fck sake

havent they taken connolly from brighton too (not sure how)?

can see them going up

Nixon mentioned he was on around £40k we wouldn’t be touching that deal with a barge pole. Middlesbrough going for it sh!t or bust it looks like

Swanseaborn said:
Nixon mentioned he was on around £40k we wouldn’t be touching that deal with a barge pole. Middlesbrough going for it sh!t or bust it looks like
One of the conditions of Wilder taking the job

Swanseaborn said:

Too right we shouldn't be touching it with those sorts of figures.

Can't fault the yanks.

Boro having a proper go of getting promotion, but it's a risky move with FFP etc.

I would prefer us to carry on as we are personally.

Risc said:
Boro having a proper go of getting promotion, but it's a risky move with FFP etc.

I would prefer us to carry on as we are personally.

If the £40k quoted is right (and I can't personally believe it) then it shows how odd football has become.

Effectively a £1m+ fee for a 5 month signing. If it works for them then all well and good for them but I am with you - the danger of relying so heavily on loans was stark for us the moment Brentford won promotion

Swanseaborn said:

‘Boro may well have offered a portion of that £40K of course - that said we certainly couldn’t & shouldn’t get involved in a price battle on that.

Thornburyswan said:
Swanseaborn said:

‘Boro may well have offered a portion of that £40K of course - that said we certainly couldn’t & shouldn’t get involved in a price battle on that.

He’s still not signed a contract extension I think with arsenal so I wouldn’t be surprised if they just fancied him off their books to the highest percentage wage covered.

Swanseaborn said:
Thornburyswan said:

He’s still not signed a contract extension I think with arsenal so I wouldn’t be surprised if they just fancied him off their books to the highest percentage wage covered.

He signed a 4 year contract extension in April

Manselton Jack said:
Swanseaborn said:

Sorry completely missed that, disregard my other comment

Swanseaborn said:
Manselton Jack said:

Sorry completely missed that, disregard my other comment
I guess he'll be a backup striker for Arsenal next season so they need him to have some first team action - they're going to lose Nketiah

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back