• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ben Hamer

JackSomething said:
FelindreJack said:
Why are people so desperate for Benda to play? He done OK in the opening games but consistently made mistakes. If Woodman had made the same mistakes he’d have been lynched! Benda looks a promising keeper, but we are currently not in a position to be bedding in a goalkeeper that is costing us goals.

He's come through the ranks having been here since he was 18 and people like to see home-grown players make it, as developing your own players is the best bet for a team to save money on signing players and potentially make money on selling your home-grown players.

Hamer is 33 and has relatively little sell-on value even if he suddenly morphs into the reincarnation of Lev Yashin. Benda is 22 and if he makes it, either provides us with our first-choice goalkeeper for many years to come or earns us a good amount if we sell him.

So seems obvious to me why fans would be desperate for Benda to play. For me, if Martin thinks Hamer is the better keeper right now then play him and give Benda a chance in the next Carabao match on Wednesday.

Wow, Lev Yashin, that's going back a fair bit, didn't realise you were that old :lol: :D

karnataka said:
JackSomething said:
He's come through the ranks having been here since he was 18 and people like to see home-grown players make it, as developing your own players is the best bet for a team to save money on signing players and potentially make money on selling your home-grown players.

Hamer is 33 and has relatively little sell-on value even if he suddenly morphs into the reincarnation of Lev Yashin. Benda is 22 and if he makes it, either provides us with our first-choice goalkeeper for many years to come or earns us a good amount if we sell him.

So seems obvious to me why fans would be desperate for Benda to play. For me, if Martin thinks Hamer is the better keeper right now then play him and give Benda a chance in the next Carabao match on Wednesday.

Wow, Lev Yashin, that's going back a fair bit, didn't realise you were that old :lol: :D

:D He's well before my time to be fair, just heard that phrase before. If I used an example from my childhood, the reincarnation of Peter Shilton or Walter Zenga doesn't have quite the same ring to it!

JackSomething said:
karnataka said:

:D He's well before my time to be fair, just heard that phrase before. If I used an example from my childhood, the reincarnation of Peter Shilton or Walter Zenga doesn't have quite the same ring to it!

Unfortunately, I remember him! :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Benda takes risks which sometimes don't come off but he dominates the box. I feel with experience those mistakes will be rectified.

I think its fair to say that bender will be back between the sticks after today. Hamer is complete gash

Nocountryforoldjack said:
I ink its fair to say that bender will be back between the sticks after today. Hamer is complete gash

:lol:

NCFOJ tops my list for POTY!

Everything that’s good about PS. :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back