• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Blackburn want Yates on loan

• Thread starter 3swan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 53
  • Views: Views 4,580
Get him gone… hopefully he does well on loan and we can get some cash back for him.

Blackburn is back up near home for him… makes sense all around.

The possibility that we are open to selling him barely 5 months after buying him would be a damning indictment that we have gotten this recruitment very, very wrong. Thing is if we did sell/loan him out then that would leave us very thin on the ground up front with only Lowe, Cullen and Kukharevych as forwards with any first team experience.
Cullen is, as most in South Wales, would agree, the best and most clinical finisher at Swansea. To see so many chances wasted by the others, often brought in expensively no doubt in the last window, must gall Culls when he has been used as a wingback.
Admittedly not a strong back to goal target man, his skillset, especially his goalscoring, should demand his presence in the box. Lowe is not at all a good finisher, and Yates has simply not performed. Signing at least 1 more striker, plus Ronald and Bolasie,is now essential before the window slams shut.

Fair point!
You'd like to think that the fact he scored 14 last season in a struggling side would suggest there is something there but we do have a habit from the past of signing players who just aren't that good. Especially strikers. Fallon. Abbot, Kuqi spring to mind

Yates has got 7 goals with very little service. I personally don't think Yates is the issue but more the lack of service.

I thought that the talk was that he hasn't scored the goals we expected due to not having the players here to provide him with the service he needs ?
He's scored more than we should have expected if anything. His numbers weren't great last season if you adjusted for penalties and scoring 11 during two brief purple patches. He had long goal droughts where we have to assume he was adding value to Blackpool in some other ways to retain his place.

Yates has got 7 goals with very little service. I personally don't think Yates is the issue but more the lack of service.
Service is one thing but he has missed chances that a striker should score Birmingham, Southampton lately

Service is one thing but he has missed chances that a striker should score Birmingham, Southampton lately
Its his all round game that's the issue for me, struggles in the Air, struggles with ball to feet panic's in the contact area's basically he's just not very good!

We really had our trousers pulled down on his deal!

I think we've all had a good look at him now and concluded that he's just not a Championship level striker, albeit he's been playing in a team which many would argue are also not at that standard!
I have no idea what Blackburn see in him, but if we can shift him on, let's get it done. Hopefully we've got a replacement lined up, though knowing the yanks, probably not.

I'm sure he played out wide for Blackpool with great success.

Couldn't we look at putting him left, Cullen/another up front and Ronald on the right in a 4-3-3?

Cullen is, as most in South Wales, would agree, the best and most clinical finisher at Swansea. To see so many chances wasted by the others, often brought in expensively no doubt in the last window, must gall Culls when he has been used as a wingback.
Admittedly not a strong back to goal target man, his skillset, especially his goalscoring, should demand his presence in the box. Lowe is not at all a good finisher, and Yates has simply not performed. Signing at least 1 more striker, plus Ronald and Bolasie,is now essential before the window slams shut.
The problem is its hard to see whether being the "best and most clinical finisher at Swansea" is a compliment or not given the nature of our forward line...

He had two absolutely gilt edged chances in as many games and didn’t put in the effort to convert either of them. He adds very little else in terms of his overall play so think he’s a huge issue for the amount paid for him.

I wouldn’t advocate spending anything (net) this window apart from a forward unless we can grab an absolute bargain that makes long term business sense. But a forward is essential to score enough to keep us up, if we can sell any of our weak players than we can use that money to buy better. If not. Forget it.

He had two absolutely gilt edged chances in as many games and didn’t put in the effort to convert either of them. He adds very little else in terms of his overall play so think he’s a huge issue for the amount paid for him.

I wouldn’t advocate spending anything (net) this window apart from a forward unless we can grab an absolute bargain that makes long term business sense. But a forward is essential to score enough to keep us up, if we can sell any of our weak players than we can use that money to buy better. If not. Forget it.
His all round play hasn't been great but the majority of that has been with his back to goal.....the 2 misses recently were not great but how much could that be down to lack of confidence.

Saying that, if we were to get something for him in the next few days, I mean as a permanent signing and around 2M then as long as we had a replacement(s) lined up then I would be comfortable and fully understand.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back