• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Brentford and Norwich away - how many points?

Brentford and Norwich away - how many points?

Votes: 5 8.6%

Votes: 10 17.2%

Votes: 10 17.2%

Votes: 5 8.6%

Votes: 20 34.5%

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On paper it looks like a tough week ahead for the Swans with away trips to Brentford and Norwich but how many points will we get?

I'd probably take 2 points from these tough games and keep the unbeaten run going, but I think that 4 has to be the aim. A win and a loss also wouldn't be terrible.

If it's 6, we really have to start to think that we could be contenders this year.

Our away form is pretty good and I don't think Brentford and Norwich are anywhere near the force they were last year / previous year. The key will be keeping these teams from scoring, so the strongest back three please, Steve. We have enough skill and confidence to manufacture a goal or two against any team IMHO; keep playing Fulton, Dhanda, Ayew and Palmer and we'll have enough for most teams.

The following 2 games are Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday at home, which are the games where we usually come unstuck ...

I hope our defence will be up to dealing with Pukki on the day.

Otherwise we could end up feeling Pukey.

I’d take 2 points without a second thought. Any more is a bonus as far as I’m concerned. Had we not won the last two at home then I would be less satisfied with two draws.

I'm staggered that 41 people have voted for a single point, and a further 18 for 0. I understand that caution and pessimism will account for some - and I appreciate these are two particularly tough games - but I think there's more to it than that

From what I've read over the last few weeks, I'm getting a distinct feeling that a sizeable minority of our fanbase have made up their mind on our manager and are reluctant to change it. I agree we were dour last season - but from the post lockdown restart until now, Cooper has been exemplary as has our form. We're not just getting results either, we're starting to get performances too

Keep it up Steve - Here's to autos 20/21!

BLAZE said:
I'm staggered that 41 people have voted for a single point, and a further 18 for 0. I understand that caution and pessimism will account for some - and I appreciate these are two particularly tough games - but I think there's more to it than that

From what I've read over the last few weeks, I'm getting a distinct feeling that a sizeable minority of our fanbase have made up their mind on our manager and are reluctant to change it. I agree we were dour last season - but from the post lockdown restart until now, Cooper has been exemplary as has our form. We're not just getting results either, we're starting to get performances too

I agree. I was thinking about it earlier,if we had two draws a lot of people would be happy,if we won the first game and lost the second game those same people would want Cooper sacked. They’re fucking idiots. You’ve only got to read posts elsewhere from the bloke I’m not allowed to mention to see what I’m talking about.

Darran said:
BLAZE said:

I agree. I was thinking about it earlier,if we had two draws a lot of people would be happy,if we won the first game and lost the second game those same people would want Cooper sacked. They’re fucking idiots. You’ve only got to read posts elsewhere from the bloke I’m not allowed to mention to see what I’m talking about.

I agree, I'd rather have 3 pts than 2 x 1, yeah we stop 2 teams from getting maximum points at home BUT ateotd it's our points tally that counts, not theirs.

Hammy said:
Our away form is pretty good and I don't think Brentford and Norwich are anywhere near the force they were last year / previous year. The key will be keeping these teams from scoring, so the strongest back three please, Steve. We have enough skill and confidence to manufacture a goal or two against any team IMHO; keep playing Fulton, Dhanda, Ayew and Palmer and we'll have enough for most teams.

The following 2 games are Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday at home, which are the games where we usually come unstuck ...

In fairness, our away form both last season, and so far this has been phenomenal.

I see no reason why we can't go unbeaten in the next two, will be a good test.

Two very very tough games on paper, it's lucky we are playing them on grass I suppose, boom boom, 2 points will be ok from those two games possibly better than 3 points, work that one out, I assume we will be underdogs in both match ups.

What's a Swans double worth in these two games, about 16-1 odds against by the looks of it, tells you what the bookies think but we are playing well our defence is strong there again we are up against Toney and Pukki.

it is quite an interesting poll this one - one of the widest ranging votes I have seen

Just an aside to the points issue but has anyone noticed that PNE are top of the league on away points but stone bottom on home points.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back