• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

British Grand Prix

What an amazing Grand Prix....just loads of action from start to finish...150 GPs and it's Sainz first win. Well respected guy...not a big fan of Ferrari but their car ( and normally the Red Bulls) are just too fast for the Mercs. Nice to see Lewis grab the fastest lap at the end..

Glad the Chinese guy is safe and sound....just goes to show how strong the cars are now....

Not sure about the restart system after a safety car....it makes for great racing, like the end of today, but it screwed up Lewis' Championship last year.....it's just not fair that a driver with a big lead before the SC has it chopped down to what is basically a cars length.with no consideration of tyre longevity.....Guess it's the same for everyone...

BrynCartwright said:
What an amazing Grand Prix....just loads of action from start to finish...150 GPs and it's Sainz first win. Well respected guy...not a big fan of Ferrari but their car ( and normally the Red Bulls) are just too fast for the Mercs. Nice to see Lewis grab the fastest lap at the end..

Glad the Chinese guy is safe and sound....just goes to show how strong the cars are now....

Not sure about the restart system after a safety car....it makes for great racing, like the end of today, but it screwed up Lewis' Championship last year.....it's just not fair that a driver with a big lead before the SC has it chopped down to what is basically a cars length.with no consideration of tyre longevity.....Guess it's the same for everyone...

I know the safety car at around 38 laps wasn't predicable, but I think they should have left Hamilton out there instead of calling him in after 33 laps which cost him the lead and possibly the win they changed his tyres then called him back in on 38 laps and put wrong tyres on which slowed him down again, not for the first have Mercedes made the wrong calls in races, :x

BrynCartwright said:

What’s wrong with a virtual safety car in those circumstances, Bryn? I don’t follow closely enough to understand the intricacies of the rules.

Hell of an afternoon of sport, fair play. Have driven everyone wild by channel hopping between the cricket, Wimbledon, F1 and Le Tour.

Cooperman said:
BrynCartwright said:

What’s wrong with a virtual safety car in those circumstances, Bryn? I don’t follow closely enough to understand the intricacies of the rules.

Hell of an afternoon of sport, fair play. Have driven everyone wild by channel hopping between the cricket, Wimbledon, F1 and Le Tour.

I think it was because a car had broken down on the actual racing track and not off onto gravel etc.

Niigata Jack said:
Cooperman said:

I think it was because a car had broken down on the actual racing track and not off onto gravel etc.

I still don’t get it. Use a VSC to slow each car down to a safe speed AND maintain the gaps.

Cooperman said:
Niigata Jack said:

I still don’t get it. Use a VSC to slow each car down to a safe speed AND maintain the gaps.

I agree.

Watched a documentary last week about the Sterling Moss / Juan Manuel Fangio rivalry in the 50's, amazing to think all the drivers had to line up and race 10 yards before jumping into thier cars to get a head start! None of this qualifying day to decide who starts on pole position :lol:

Cooperman said:
Niigata Jack said:

Ocon stopped on the track at Copse, the only way to allow marshals onto the track to push it to a safe place was by using the full safety car.
No choice on that one.

Manselton Jack said:
Cooperman said:

Ocon stopped on the track at Copse, the only way to allow marshals onto the track to push it to a safe place was by using the full safety car.
No choice on that one.

Fair enough, but on recommencement, each individual car should be 'green lighted' to race again, beginning with the leader, with the former timed gaps maintained.....not rocket science...

BrynCartwright said:
Manselton Jack said:
No choice on that one.

Fair enough, but on recommencement, each individual car should be 'green lighted' to race again, beginning with the leader, with the former timed gaps maintained.....not rocket science...

I concur, Bryn. Restart them with the same time gaps as prior to any incident.

BrynCartwright said:
Manselton Jack said:
No choice on that one.

In practice that wouldn't work. A car that was nearly a lap down would be released but the leader would then be right on top of the pace car at full racing speed.
The full safety car isn't ideal unfortunately but sometimes its necessary. I do agree that it's overused though.

Manselton Jack said:
BrynCartwright said:

In practice that wouldn't work. A car that was nearly a lap down would be released but the leader would then be right on top of the pace car at full racing speed.
The full safety car isn't ideal unfortunately but sometimes its necessary. I do agree that it's overused though.

You are completely correct....dammit...how about using timed spacings just for the top 10 point cars then, and if the top 10 include lapped cars, then reduce the timed spacings to just the top 5 or even podium only cars. It gets complicated I know, but at least restores the leads from prior to the incident...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back