• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Broghan Popham / Harlan Perry

Thanks for sharing this. I have almost zero level of visibility of what goes on at this level of football in the club.

Scandalous if there is any truth in these clubs looking at Brogan Popham and we haven't offered him a pro contract when he is old enough to sign one.

Scandalous if there is any truth in these clubs looking at Brogan Popham and we haven't offered him a pro contract when he is old enough to sign one.
He turned 17 like 3 weeks ago, calm down. If there is major interest from multiple clubs it would have been known about and no player would be rushing to sign any contract put in front of them. Alternatively it's just enough time for an agent to get his new client signed and push some helpful gossip to the rags.

He turned 17 like 3 weeks ago, calm down. If there is major interest from multiple clubs it would have been known about and no player would be rushing to sign any contract put in front of them. Alternatively it's just enough time for an agent to get his new client signed and push some helpful gossip to the rags.
If he's as talented as the article suggests the contact should have been ready on the day of his seventeenth birthday.

If he's as talented as the article suggests the contact should have been ready on the day of his seventeenth birthday.
How do you know it wasn't? Why on earth would he sign it if he's heard some of the big clubs have been watching him? Things take time.

How do you know it wasn't? Why on earth would he sign it if he's heard some of the big clubs have been watching him? Things take time.

I don't know either way. I was just commenting on the article.

If this lad has the talent to attract a club like Man City I'd like to think the club is doing all it can to convince him his future is in good hands staying where he is.

Going all out to sign him on the day he could sign a pro contract would be a good start.

We can't all be as incredibly in the know when it comes to the youth set up as yourself, Jasper 👍🏼

I'm off to have a chamomile tea to calm down.

And if he doesn't want to sign? Its not FIFA

If true I feel sorry for them. Duped into believing this is a massive opportunity for them by agents/representatives who will get short term gains from them.

In reality, they become just numbers in an overfilled bucket where the 'big' clubs hoover up anyone who may possibly be good in the future. Lumped in with numerous other young players who have been led to believe they are the best thing. Each believing the fantasy, overpaid and have their ego's massaged. Only to see themselves stagnate, loaned out to lower league clubs at exuberant charge, making money for the mother club and later discarded.

At the end of their career's, which has drifted down and not a pot to piss in any more, they wonder what could have been, had they stayed and fought for a first team place at their initial club.

I hate the Premier League and what its done, allowing greed to take over. If a big club wants a player, as we've seen in the past, there's nothing we can do and we get peanuts.

The EPPP setup in a nutshell. All set up for the big clubs to cherry pick talent on the cheap

If true I feel sorry for them. Duped into believing this is a massive opportunity for them by agents/representatives who will get short term gains from them.

In reality, they become just numbers in an overfilled bucket where the 'big' clubs hoover up anyone who may possibly be good in the future. Lumped in with numerous other young players who have been led to believe they are the best thing. Each believing the fantasy, overpaid and have their ego's massaged. Only to see themselves stagnate, loaned out to lower league clubs at exuberant charge, making money for the mother club and later discarded.

At the end of their career's, which has drifted down and not a pot to piss in any more, they wonder what could have been, had they stayed and fought for a first team place at their initial club.

I hate the Premier League and what its done, allowing greed to take over. If a big club wants a player, as we've seen in the past, there's nothing we can do and we get peanuts.
Alternatively, they could actually be quite good and end up full Welsh internationals earning millions of pounds a year?
Who knows aye 😏

And if he doesn't want to sign? Its not FIFA
The club should be doing everything in its power to make talented young players want to sign for the club and be part of its future.

Way of the world now. Cardiff lost several and we‘ll be no different sadly.

We should be bringing these lads through in to the first team not loaning shite from other clubs.

A clear pathway in to the first team will only encourage them to stay.

Alternatively, they could actually be quite good and end up full Welsh internationals earning millions of pounds a year?
Who knows aye 😏

The point being, being good they'll play as 1st choice in the youth teams and hopefully get chances in the 1st team. At your Man Utd's and Chelsea's etc, they'll be amongst others who've been 'specially selected' for the same positions, as they take on far too many to play them all.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back