• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Broghan Popham / Harlan Perry

Way of the world now. Cardiff lost several and we‘ll be no different sadly.
Cardiff's problem has been losing their best prospects before they sign scholarship terms at 16. Far less compensation that way. Iwan Morgan a good example. Their loss our gain.

This type of report generally coincides with players getting their first agent.

Cardiff's problem has been losing their best prospects before they sign scholarship terms at 16. Far less compensation that way. Iwan Morgan a good example. Their loss our gain.

Ah I see, didn't realise that. I saw they had decent money for the lad that went to Man City. I've heard there's another lad in our u15's who is hell of a prospect gaining attention from bigger clubs too at present.

If true I feel sorry for them. Duped into believing this is a massive opportunity for them by agents/representatives who will get short term gains from them.

In reality, they become just numbers in an overfilled bucket where the 'big' clubs hoover up anyone who may possibly be good in the future. Lumped in with numerous other young players who have been led to believe they are the best thing. Each believing the fantasy, overpaid and have their ego's massaged. Only to see themselves stagnate, loaned out to lower league clubs at exuberant charge, making money for the mother club and later discarded.

At the end of their career's, which has drifted down and not a pot to piss in any more, they wonder what could have been, had they stayed and fought for a first team place at their initial club.

I hate the Premier League and what its done, allowing greed to take over. If a big club wants a player, as we've seen in the past, there's nothing we can do and we get peanuts.
Excellent post!

The club should be doing everything in its power to make talented young players want to sign for the club and be part of its future.
These players can see or at least hear about the stuff happening at the club with these owners, if one was your son what would you want them to do, take away your emotional feelings towards SCFC and you'd want the best for him like us all.

Last edited:
We should be bringing these lads through in to the first team not loaning shite from other clubs.

A clear pathway in to the first team will only encourage them to stay.
You do know how clueless this lot running us are Smurphy, yes ?

These players can see or at least hear about the stuff happening at the club with these owners, if one was your son what would you want them to do, take away your emotional feelings towards SCFC and you'd want the best for him like us all.
We always want the best for our kids. I'm not sure moving to a club like City or United is the right thing to do at this stage of their career.

At a club like ours they'l stand out where as they'll just be another player at a certain club.

Horses for courses, I guess. The point I'm trying to get across is the club should not be in a position where can let our talent walk away.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back