• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Can anyone remember at the Vetch circa 1988

dickythorpe

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
....the surviving members of the 1958 World cup team were paraded around the field?

I remember being told that we'd never qualify for a World cup ever in my lifetime.

dickythorpe said:
....the surviving members of the 1958 World cup team were paraded around the field?

I remember being told that we'd never qualify for a World cup ever in my lifetime.

In fairness Dicky I thought we never would in my lifetime...

Swanjaxs said:
dickythorpe said:

52 this year, never thought I'd witness Wales going to the world Cup.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Swanjaxs said:

Same here mate, same age as you and have witnessed so many disappointments over the years. Romania was the worst, I went to that game and I think a draw or a win would have seen us through, then Paul Bodin hit the bar and Romania got a second soon after. Poor fella from Merthyr died after the game when some idiot let off a distress flare which flew into the stand. Put me off going to Wales games for a long time.

Ebo said:

Same here mate, same age as you and have witnessed so many disappointments over the years. Romania was the worst, I went to that game and I think a draw or a win would have seen us through, then Paul Bodin hit the bar and Romania got a second soon after. Poor fella from Merthyr died after the game when some idiot let off a distress flare which flew into the stand. Put me off going to Wales games for a long time.

Yeah I remember that incident... Awful

Ebo said:

Yeah I remember that incident... Awful

It was a grim old night, dark and cold. My drive home was one of the most depressing ever.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back