• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Championship watch

newquay

First Team Player
Reaction score
Decent evening for us:

Plymouth smashed at home
Blackburn, Cardiff draw, decent

Icing on Luke's cake : Hull smash Saints away (mullered them 1st half, with disastrous flashbacks for Martinball's defending mayhem).

A proper confidence booster for Luke and his Plan A which smashed Hull away, and gave Ipswich a proper fright.

Our Hull-game prevails.

Exciting times...........

Getting our Hull game out of the team again is the real problem.
LW played our two quick wingers from the start at Hull and they couldn't cope with it. Why he didn't start with that line up against Ipswich, God only knows. He talks about being brave, but he was the one who sh*t out on that occasion.

I wish we'd stop talking about the Hull game like it was the second coming of West Brom in 2012...
Why do people have to be extreme? Overly dramatic when we lose by a single goal against Plymouth or Ipswich or get totally outclassed by the top 3. Then making some huge sweeping statements about Luke Williams based on a win against a single goal against Hull. Why can't people be just s little bit more level headed?

I don't think we'll go down, but equally don't think our lower mid table form (9 wins, 9 draws and 9 defeats excluding the top 3) is something to shout about from the roof tops about. Jesus wep, a lot of people need to get a grip!

Why do people have to be extreme? Overly dramatic when we lose by a single goal against Plymouth or Ipswich or get totally outclassed by the top 3. Then making some huge sweeping statements about Luke Williams based on a win against a single goal against Hull. Why can't people be just s little bit more level headed?

I don't think we'll go down, but equally don't think our lower mid table form (9 wins, 9 draws and 9 defeats excluding the top 3) is something to shout about from the roof tops about. Jesus wep, a lot of people need to get a grip!
It also says a hell of a lot about expectations that some view a 1-0 win against Hull to be some sort of glorious outcome.

We've won and deserved to win at the best ffs

I’m more offended that the received wisdom that the top 3 are unbeatable, and it’s no disgrace to be outclassed. Soton just lost to Wurzel and Hull, and yet it’s a free pass if we surrender to them and the Yorkshire Puddings. The team and manager should be embarrassed ashamed of those performances (ditto Muff) as much as being pleased about a win at Hull (which was a great, if not earth shattering result).

I’m more offended that the received wisdom that the top 3 are unbeatable, and it’s no disgrace to be outclassed. Soton just lost to Wurzel and Hull, and yet it’s a free pass if we surrender to them and the Yorkshire Puddings. The team and manager should be embarrassed ashamed of those performances (ditto Muff) as much as being pleased about a win at Hull (which was a great, if not earth shattering result).
Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing how we played in those games. It is unacceptable to turn up at a football match knowing you're going to lose and not even doing a single thing to give a hint for a second that there could be a different outcome. These teams aren't unbeatable by any means as other teams have shown. All I'm saying is that people think that, as we can't compete for a second against that trio, it automatically means that we are going straight down to league one. Beating Hull and not being completely outclassed by Ipswich (who have been able to live with that trio) and our mediocre results up to this point prove we can compete with the rest of the division.

Does that mean we should be looking to the future full of hope, of course it doesn't. Should it be the basis for claiming Williams is 'the real deal'? I don't think it should (although I'm prepared to give him until after he has spearheaded yet another summer rebuild before writing the fella off).

Rather than watching around us in the championship.......we need to get our house in shape first and ultimately we are in a position to do this and be in control of our own desting this season.

A thread about others around us indicates there is concern and sugar coating with nonsense isn't going to help us.

Watching around in the Champ :

- Leeds' high energy A-Game taking it to the runaway league leaders in an epic tussle of tactics
- Connor R, Joey R - Go get 'em AC....

Final Update :
- Go get JP (at the usual Hugh rate-Leeds discount, when they get promoted), AC....👌

I’d imagine Rodon will be a permanent buy when Leeds get promoted, Roberts will be back in the Championship with Burnley.

Could be a good day if we can get a result. Teams around us have some tough games today

A few games to keep an eye on tonight for those of us still looking down:

Blackburn Rovers v Millwall
Hull City v Birmingham City
Leeds United v Stoke City
Sheffield Wednesday v Plymouth Argyle

Plymouth could be a dark horse for getting sucked into the bottom 3 by the end of the season; see how they do tonight.

Surely Leeds can put Stoke back in their box.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back