• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Chance to rebuild and reset ?

Sirjohnalot

First Team Player
Reaction score
Such was the manner of our defeat on Saturday I wasn’t particularly bothered that we’d lost as opposed to us playing well and losing late on eg. As much as I’d have wanted us to go up, which, theoretically, may have meant having money to build for the future, strengthening in key area without repeating the mistakes from our latter years, not going on could give us an opportunity to take stock, ask ourselves what do we want in the next 5 years ? Do we want another ‘get the points and ignore the style’ which has kind of worked over the past couple of years or do we reset, and have a look in the lower leagues for ‘Swansea style’ players of 10 years ago and a manager who plays the ‘Swansea Way’ ? This may then attract players to come to the club and we build from there ?

I think I’d prefer to play attractive football, even if we don’t go up as opposed to the mind numbing ‘successful’ play we’ve witnessed previously.

Not that the opinions of other clubs matter but we’ve gone from being everyone’s second team to being thought of as cheats and divers. I know which I prefer.

Cabango
Roberts
Cullen
Cooper
Cooper
Dhanda
Naughton
Rotledge
Rushersha
Grimes
Have all played possession football and all had it drummed out of them
Add to that
Celina
Hoorn

I just hope S Cooper leaves soon so the next manager can get his feet under the table before players return.

Badlands said:
Cabango
Roberts
Cullen
Cooper
Cooper
Dhanda
Naughton
Rotledge
Rushersha
Grimes
Add to that
Celina
Hoorn

I just hope S Cooper leaves soon so the next manager can get his feet under the table before players return.
It's a shame we couldn't hold onto Potter for one more season.If only he had Andre at his disposal eh.Cooper=Monk I really want to know how Cooper sold this as "good football" to Leon,Curt(I think Curt was involved) and Birch.Step in the right direction with Potter in terms of identity then thrown all away at the first hurdle.

JoshTheJack said:
Badlands said:
Cabango
Roberts
Cullen
Cooper
Cooper
Dhanda
Naughton
Rotledge
Rushersha
Grimes
Add to that
Celina
Hoorn

It's a shame we couldn't hold onto Potter for one more season.If only he had Andre at his disposal eh.Cooper=Monk I really want to know how Cooper sold this as "good football" to Leon,Curt(I think Curt was involved) and Birch.Step in the right direction with Potter in terms of identity then thrown all away at the first hurdle.

His claims were fraudulent. He is literally a fraud. He lied and fooled them for personal gain. Fraud.

He was hired largely due to a perceived experience in dealing with young players. Curt told me. Totally understandable at the time IMHO. We're going round and round on this one, again.

As much as the football has been dire, I think if he left it will do more harm than good, as he has good signings within the loan market which unfortunately is all we can use.

Swansea93 said:
As much as the football has been dire, I think if he left it will do more harm than good, as he has good signings within the loan market which unfortunately is all we can use.

His contacts were good. Make a great Chief Scout

Sirjohnalot said:
Such was the manner of our defeat on Saturday I wasn’t particularly bothered that we’d lost as opposed to us playing well and losing late on eg. As much as I’d have wanted us to go up, which, theoretically, may have meant having money to build for the future, strengthening in key area without repeating the mistakes from our latter years, not going on could give us an opportunity to take stock, ask ourselves what do we want in the next 5 years ? Do we want another ‘get the points and ignore the style’ which has kind of worked over the past couple of years or do we reset, and have a look in the lower leagues for ‘Swansea style’ players of 10 years ago and a manager who plays the ‘Swansea Way’ ? This may then attract players to come to the club and we build from there ?

I think I’d prefer to play attractive football, even if we don’t go up as opposed to the mind numbing ‘successful’ play we’ve witnessed previously.

Not that the opinions of other clubs matter but we’ve gone from being everyone’s second team to being thought of as cheats and divers. I know which I prefer.

Looking toward next season, we no longer have any PL money as our parachute payments have now ended. So the only regular income the club will receive will come from the fans attending games, and let's hope this happens in a more normal way starting next season. There's only so many players left to sell.

I'm not sure what enthusiasm I would have if I had Cooper's style of football to look forward to each game. I live in the south east so only get to a few away games each season. Our American owners need to look at how they can maximise the club's income next season and so they need to examine the entertainment value they are offering.

Sadly, this is where the cultural divide plays in. I'm not sure what real appreciation our owners have for the game, but I wish someone would try to convince them that the old "Swansea Way" is what I believe the majority of fans seek. Build it, and they will come.

It all depends on the owners for me.
We always take an age to sign anyone.
I don't think under these yanks we'll hit the top 6 again in this division.

Of our 3 seasons in the championship I enjoyed the first far more than the other two. When we changed our formation at the end of season two to a back 5 I quite enjoyed that too. Our best season Year 3 was by far the hardest to watch. If Cooper stays and we can return to our seats I'm likely to be leaving early to miss the traffic.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back