• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Changing all/most 30mph zones to 20mph in Wales

Fantastic.

All built up areas should be that speed. There’s too many cars on the road now, too many cars parked along roads, too many idiots that drive through built up areas going 30mph plus, coz it’s only a little bit over innit. Car drivers are mostly inconsiderate dicks.

If safety is really the issue, first move should be to get rid of all these screens in cars and make it impossible to se mobile phones while the engine is running.

As to the speed limits, those who don't observe 30 will certainly not observe 20. It will also cause a lot of rage no doubt. I don't speed as I had a near miss with a child chasing a ball from, as NJ says, between parked cars, and I have had a number of 'incidents' with folk annoyed with me at keeping to the limit. Where it is a clear risk, I'm for it. But I don't think blanket changing all 30s to 20s is the answer.

monmouth said:
Where it is a clear risk, I'm for it. But I don't think blanket changing all 30s to 20s is the answer.

Completely agree.

Example #1: the road heading into Swansea from Fforestfach, it’s currently a 30 mph dual carriageway and already populated with speed cameras. Zero point in making it a 20mph zone.

With the price of petrol and diesel, cant see many folk wanting to drive over 20mph, putting your foot down these days costs a fortune. SLOW DOWN SAVE FUEL, and lives obviously.

monmouth said:
If safety is really the issue, first move should be to get rid of all these screens in cars and make it impossible to se mobile phones while the engine is running.

As to the speed limits, those who don't observe 30 will certainly not observe 20. It will also cause a lot of rage no doubt. I don't speed as I had a near miss with a child chasing a ball from, as NJ says, between parked cars, and I have had a number of 'incidents' with folk annoyed with me at keeping to the limit. Where it is a clear risk, I'm for it. But I don't think blanket changing all 30s to 20s is the answer.
Wont affect A or B roads in general only residential areas, i.e. housing estates etc.

Skippyjack said:
Ebo said:
My cousin drive an ambulance and they have been campaigning for years to remove them in favour of other traffic calming measures, there are some where I live which are way to big and not needed on the road they are on as there are already traffic islands. Local authorities must be in cahoots with local garages as these speed humps just f**k up your suspension, rods and tyres.

Well you've voted in your Labour party that have complete control of Wales.. now you're complaining about it.. talk about you get what you vote for.. it'll probably be Johnson's fault somehow though

oh shut up you gaping arsehole

Just got back from taking my car to Benidorm, a lot of the residential roads are now 20 kmh which is 12 mph.

Even the Main Rd from outside the Benidorm Palace, which is also a bus route is 12 mph, quite difficult to stick to & also has speed cameras on the road.

Ebo said:
Skippyjack said:
Well you've voted in your Labour party that have complete control of Wales.. now you're complaining about it.. talk about you get what you vote for.. it'll probably be Johnson's fault somehow though

oh shut up you gaping arsehole

Phil Sumbler please award Ebo the Poster of the Year award now!!!!🤣🤣😂😂😂

Keep the limit at 30 and most drive between 35 and 40. Reduce it to 20 amd most will drive between 25 amd 30. It’s well proven that getting hit by a car at 30 is far less likely to kill or seriously injure than at a higher speed. These are all facts. This will save lives.

Driving today has be a challenge itself requiring total concentration .

Potholes , looking out for mobile speed cameras , hands up ,they caught me too , other drivers playing with phones , pedestrians more concerned with their phones when crossing roads instead of traffic , and more recently whilst on stop at traffic lights 2 youngsters on these awful electric scooters/bikes challenging me to a race on green .

I do watch my speed after attending the awerness course , but surely action towards drivers on phones must be taken seriously , the problem is rife .

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back