• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cheap Trick last Sunday night

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Anyone that knows anything about music should appreciate this.
A friend took this photo of Tom Petersson in Texas on Sunday night.
He’s playing a Gretsch 12 (that’s twelve) string bass.

Attachments

• 1113D318-23D5-4989-824B-8F41BC7F4040.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 521
That guitar must have a really wide neck considering the heavy gauge thickness of bass strings. I only thought that bass guitars could accommodate and go up to 5 strings max. Educational!

Wing_Stand_Wood said:
That guitar must have a really wide neck considering the heavy gauge thickness of bass strings. I only thought that bass guitars could accommodate and go up to 5 strings max. Educational!

Buy one and let’s us know Wingy.

https://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/build/bass/usa-custom-shop-tom-petersson-signature-12-string-falcon-bass/9252002684

Darran said:
Buy one and let’s us know Wingy.

https://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/build/bass/usa-custom-shop-tom-petersson-signature-12-string-falcon-bass/9252002684

Aye, "Custom Shop" gave the clue with its $12,999.99 price tag, totally handbuilt and individually crafted by a luthier with high-end paint finish. I looked at the price of a Gibson 1954 "Custom Shop" Les Paul Custom re-issue, it was £5.999. The trouble is? If I spent that amount of money on a non-production line handmade built guitar, come time consuming work of art I'd would be afraid to even get it out its case. Should be mounted in a glass display case? Great investment those type of guitars apparently their price never depreciates.

Wing_Stand_Wood said:
Aye, "Custom Shop" gave the clue with its $12,999.99 price tag, totally handbuilt and individually crafted by a luthier with high-end paint finish. I looked at the price of a Gibson 1954 "Custom Shop" Les Paul Custom re-issue, it was £5.999. The trouble is? If I spent that amount of money on a non-production line handmade built guitar, come time consuming work of art I'd would be afraid to even get it out its case. Should be mounted in a glass display case? Great investment those type of guitars apparently their price never depreciates.

Rick Nielsen bought Geddy Lee's '59 Gibson Les Paul Standard at Auction for $247,250 in 2021.

https://youtu.be/CHyihY7TJsM

The prices of vintage Gibsons is absolute insane especially if they are a hand-me-down that once belonged to a famous owner. Badfingers Pete Ham's Gibson SG guitar, the one that was once owned and played by George Harrison was sold by Pete Ham's brother John for a small fortune. The whole subject is fascinating to many!

It must have been heart wrenching for him to sell it on despite the astronomical price people would have been more than prepared to pay at auction, because he had held on to that guitar for decades. I think the tragedy, sentimentality and emotions of his brothers untimely death had something to do with it?

John Ham used to own a music shop in Swansea, if only I knew he owned that guitar and the fact he was the brother of the guy that wrote that world famous song "without you". I would have loved to have had a chat.

Wing_Stand_Wood said:
The prices of vintage Gibsons is absolute insane especially if they are a hand-me-down that once belonged to a famous owner. Badfingers Pete Ham's Gibson SG guitar, the one that was once owned and played by George Harrison was sold by Pete Ham's brother John for a small fortune. The whole subject is fascinating to many!

It must have been heart wrenching for him to sell it on despite the astronomical price people would have been more than prepared to pay at auction, because he had held on to that guitar for decades. I think the tragedy, sentimentality and emotions of his brothers untimely death had something to do with it?

John Ham used to own a music shop in Swansea, if only I knew he owned that guitar and the fact he was the brother of the guy that wrote that world famous song "without you". I would have loved to have had a chat.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/beatles-guitar-lands-auction-after-2412780

Wing_Stand_Wood said:

John Ham was also a musician, and a really smashing guy too. I’m sure you would have enjoyed chatting with him.

He had a great shop that would sell high-end gear. I saw a Fender Twin Amp, a Fender Precision Bass, a Gibson Les Paul Deluxe, a Fender Strat, a Fender Telecaster, a Rickenbacker 4001 bass and Rickenbacker 330 guitar in there. That was the very type of professional kit that you would see on TOTP that was used by many famous bands. The Rickenbackers being extremely distinctive, they were always on show with The Jam.

He was indeed an extremely kind individual, sadly I never knew his connection with the music industry... He would let kids browse around knowing all to well that the most expensive thing they could ever buy was a plectrum or two out of their pocket money. I and I guess many other kids were slung out of Duckson And Pinker despite good behaviour, not worth the risk of kids excited hands damaging stock.

I spoke to a guy that used to work in the London music shop Infront of the rear annexed outhouse that was Badfingers rehearsal room (later to become The Sex Pistols rehearsal studio and dwelling) on Denmark Street London. He spoke extremely highly of him. In fact John used to visit the shop even after his brother had died.

John was a trumpeter and played at the jazz club in its early days, I also knew him through a work related project.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back