• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cheeky loan bid for Brewster?

• Thread starter JBT95
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 3,681

JBT95

First Team Player
Reaction score
Lowe is hitting form at the mo, but do we approach Sheff Utd for Brewster on loan for the remainder of the season?

Let's face it Sheffield United are going down.

If they loaned him to us, he could play and get confidence again from goal scoring.

They could potentially have a proven Championship goalscorer in form for their attempt at an automatic rebound next season, rather than hardly playing and probably won't have a goal to his name before June. Both parties win?

Could also loan him with an agreement to buy if we're promoted. That's assuming Sheffield have given up on him and we think he could cut it in the PL in a different team

Honestly, Brewster in this squad...

Thers no doubt his confidence is probably shot atm, wether it was him/agent/greed that he went there it's a fckn nitemare for the lad. BUT, gotta ask the question, with MGW coming back, Lowe/Andre doing the business.....do we really need him now?

sainthelens said:
Thers no doubt his confidence is probably shot atm, wether it was him/agent/greed that he went there it's a fckn nitemare for the lad. BUT, gotta ask the question, with MGW coming back, Lowe/Andre doing the business.....do we really need him now?

We could do with another striker.

Not a Brewster type though imo as good as he was last year.

Could do with someone a bit different for when we are creating but not getting anywhere (as we were against Reading for example). Someone to bring on instead of Gyokeres (who I sadly think has absolutely nothing about his whatsoever - no pace, no first touch, no strength, no confidence, nothing).

sainthelens said:
BUT, gotta ask the question, with MGW coming back, Lowe/Andre doing the business.....do we really need him now?

He would only strengthen our bid for automatic promotion.

JBT95 said:
sainthelens said:
BUT, gotta ask the question, with MGW coming back, Lowe/Andre doing the business.....do we really need him now?

He would only strengthen our bid for automatic promotion.

Of course, I get that, but would he start? Would he come with an agreement that he'd have to? Maybe it would unsettle us a little? Not averse to the idea, but wouldn't be jumping in feet first.

Ollie McB is the one I'd go for, but as an Andre Ayew back up/replacement to play with Lowe.

I've no issues with Ayew by the way, I just think he needs to have rest periods and alternate games/subs. Lowe always was the best chaser of lost causes I've seen in our team, now he's looking the real deal.

We need a lump of a number 9. Someone we can go direct to if need be.

Brewster would strengthen our squad without any shadow of doubt.

However I would rate the chances of Sheff Utd letting him go as somewhere between zero and naff all. They couldn’t even name a full complement of subs today due to injury and absence.

monmouth said:
Ollie McB is the one I'd go for, but as an Andre Ayew back up/replacement to play with Lowe.

I've no issues with Ayew by the way, I just think he needs to have rest periods and alternate games/subs. Lowe always was the best chaser of lost causes I've seen in our team, now he's looking the real deal.

Neither are coming here this season, but I'd take Oli ahead of Brewster too. Offers a completely different threat to what we have and would relish being in the box when Bidwell and Roberts are putting crosses in.

monmouth said:

[/quote

Spot on. Could play with either or on his own up front.

With Morgan coming back in, we would be benefit from a McBurnie type to add some muster. However I reckon Cooper certainly has his credentials in the spotlight this month. There will be a cluster of strikers looking for a move due to our position. The top 6 clubs will be looking to loan out players now and we may see one come in. More important to focus on our half full glass imo.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back