• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Children in Need 2021

Jackfath

First Team Player
Reaction score
Yet another year of these millionaire "celebs" begging us to part with our hard earned cash. How much are they charging for their time?

Jackfath said:
Yet another year of these millionaire "celebs" begging us to part with our hard earned cash. How much are they charging for their time?

Terry Wogan must be devastated to miss out,robbing twát.

Hunnymonster said:
https://youtu.be/m_mynDKpjCM

He must be an insightful bloke to have ‘uncovered’ that a charity with a turnover of £85m needs staff and experienced execs to run it.

It’s bullsh*t about it not being a charity too. It’s charity number and all the accounting records are here https://register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-search/-/charity-details/802052/accounts-and-annual-returns

They may raise funds for the operational costs from merchandise (obviously clearly labelled as such, as spotted by our genius sleuth in the video), but I think they spend all donations on projects.

I think the celebs give their time for free too. Wogan was the exception back when he did it.

Not that I’ll watch it - awful TV even if it’s for good causes.

It finishes at 10:00 in these Covid days. It's a lot different to the days when it went on well into the early hours.

The vast majority of the good causes should really be funded by Government. It's basically state sponsored philanthropy. We shouldn't have to raise money like this for often quite basic services that are seen as essential by their benificiaries.

Much like the Air Ambulances I brought up a few weeks back on here.

Thread of the year. Right up until the Muslims cancel Christmas again.

BrynCartwright said:
It finishes at 10:00 in these Covid days. It's a lot different to the days when it went on well into the early hours.

The vast majority of the good causes should really be funded by Government. It's basically state sponsored philanthropy. We shouldn't have to raise money like this for often quite basic services that are seen as essential by their benificiaries.

Absolutely Bryn. Yet Billions have been squadered during this pandemic. Shameful.

BrynCartwright said:

Excellent, I won’t be home til 9 and by the time I’ve had something to eat it’ll have finished :D

Agreed - much of what we support through charity covers the failings of the state. And they rely on it. It’s why that c*** Rees Mogg was so heartened by the rise of food banks.

According to CIN figures. If we assume £37m is raised tonight. £1.85m goes elsewhere.
Other merch nets about 20% I believe.
I'm sure most charities will be grateful of any monies. What grates on most is the hangers on, and folk earning £150k per annum.

This TV "begging bowl" never ceases to amaze me.
I understand the lad from Ammanford's desire to raise money and at least he put his body on the line for the cause.
But some of these so called celebs are unknown to me.

dickythorpe said:
I understand the lad from Ammanford's desire to raise money and at least he put his body on the line for the cause.

That’s cos you’re old mush.

exiledclaseboy said:
dickythorpe said:

And with all this looking back 10 years or more of Twitter/Facebook posts I'm so glad I am a codger!!!
😉

dickythorpe said:
exiledclaseboy said:
And with all this looking back 10 years or more of Twitter/Facebook posts I'm so glad I am a codger!!!
😉

I hope they don’t delve too far back on mine. I’m well behaved these days.

BrynCartwright said:

Agree with all of the above.

Especially the point that majority of good causes should be funded by government.

A good friend of mine recently pointed out that charity donations, people asking for sponsorships, etc etc are just another form of taxation that falls under the radar.

When you also take into account some of the salaries the chief execs earn, a bit disconcerting.

I did point out that it is normally impossible to choose what your taxes are spent on, and this way you can to a degree and it is optional.

I am sure I read somewhere that the UK is one of the most generous nations for charity giving per head.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back