• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Chris Needs

There's a tribute show tonight on Radio Wales from 10pm

https://twitter.com/BBCRadioWales/status/1287773992934400000?s=19

And also on BBC 1 Wales at 10.45pm

https://twitter.com/BBCWales/status/1287783556001828871?s=19

Kept me company for years as I travelled home from work in Bristol. Truly great entertainer and very sincere man.

Was a must have companion when driving back to London late after a midweek game.

His show was batshit crazy yet full of warmth, love and empathy and he kept a lot of older people (and younger probably) company when they needed someone to talk to.

I was always gutted when I lost the signal and couldn’t listen any more on my way home.

What a lovely man. Saddened.

Can't say I ever listened, but lots in work on the night shift used to tune in to his show.

Seems like Wales is a poorer place today.

gorffwys mewn heddwch 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Just over six years ago around 10:30pm at night the night before Amy’s 30th birthday my phone rang.
We don’t know who did it but it was a kind of a set up and it was the producer of the Chris Needs show,they’d been told it was Amy’s 30th birthday the following day and that she had some learning difficulties and he asked if she’d be able to speak on ‘live’ radio?
I said yes and he said we’ll call you back shortly.
Thirty minutes later my phone rang and I gave it to Amy to answer whilst my wife and I bolted to the kitchen to listen on the radio.
Chris asked Amy about her big birthday and what she was hoping to have for her birthday.
She replied that she was hoping for some Swans stuff and he said he didn’t like football but liked some of the players. :lol:
They had a bit more of a chat and then Chris said it’s time to go now and I’m going to play you a song by Cheap Trick,with that Amy exclaimed on ‘live’ radio “oh that’s my bloody dad that is.”
There was utter uproar. I thought he was going to die there and then,it was total chaos. 😂😂😂
It was absolutely nothing to do with me but one of the funniest things ever. 🤣

Such a shame

I recall the 1st time I heard The Garden I couldn't get my head around it

Bonkers and surreal

A secret society open to everyone

A real lifeline and friend to so many

A man of great warmth

Missed

Sorely missed

A real gent.
About the only person who helped (via the Garden) when my son's 7 act rock concert, to raise money for his school, was in jeopardy of being cancelled at the minute (day before) because the venue decided to change its requirements for security.
Not one adult from his school stepped up.
His mention gained us a few helpers and with family giving up their arrangement and travelling long distances the gig went ahead.
A great night.
Apart from a pot of paint and brushes for the common room all funds raised went to Unicef instead.
A big hearted man - thank you Chris Needs (and volunteers and acts who didn't even claim expenses - one group travelled down from Wrexham!) you will be missed.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back