• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Classics: Warnock moans as Blades are blunted

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
It’s FA Cup Third Round week and no matter how much the “special” feeling around the FA Cup may have dipped over the years the Third Round always brings back many memories for football fans everywhere. Over the course of the build up this week on Planet Swans we will bring you some special memories...

Read more

Rossini's William Tell Overture, somehow conveys the way we used to play...with a real passion, before the 'change in the laws' when high possession stats apparently 'win matches.'

Great to see the numbers and noise created by the Jacks that day, as can also be seen on YouTube.

Question though, why, when the penalty was awarded, wasn't Tommy Butler given the chance to score his hat-trick? Bit like Nathan Dyer at Wembley v Bradford City I suppose?

Best bit was seeing the 'bitter and twisted' Neil Warnock interview, after we 'spanked' his Premier League club. That's the same Neil Warnock that's being tipped to return to the 'blooooturds,' to "save them" from relegation.

TimBowen said:
Rossini's William Tell Overture, somehow conveys the way we used to play...with a real passion, before the 'change in the laws' when high possession stats apparently 'win matches.'

Great to see the numbers and noise created by the Jacks that day, as can also be seen on YouTube.

Question though, why, when the penalty was awarded, wasn't Tommy Butler given the chance to score his hat-trick? Bit like Nathan Dyer at Wembley v Bradford City I suppose?

Best bit was seeing the 'bitter and twisted' Neil Warnock interview, after we 'spanked' his Premier League club. That's the same Neil Warnock that's being tipped to return to the 'blooooturds,' to "save them" from relegation.

Your first sentence, this win was before Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup had their spells as manager. Those managers all prioritised having the ball and produced between them the best football the Swans have played in my lifetime. So there's nothing wrong with high possession stats as long as you do something with it.

Martinball's not for me, but I'd rather a tweak on the formula than return to the kind of football we were playing in 2007.

Completely agree with the bit about Warnock, made the win extra satisfying.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back