• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Coffee, your favourite

I used to have a coffee vending business (no, not that one 😜) and drank too much coffee every day. It’s definitely not recommended to drink that much and we used to sell it for between 20p and 50p per cup. Some people were very complimentary about it too.
I can’t get my head around the prices places charge for coffee now. I’m down to having a couple of cups per week and it’s out of a can. Nescafé Azeri.

I'm currently working my way through a selection of Whittards coffees from around the world and so far have found their Guatemalan Elephant to be the best, so called because the beans are enormous. Once I've finished these though, I'll probably go back to my usual staple of Moreish Coffee Bags #4 which I buy off Amazon. Might treat myself to the occasional Whittards though but most likely will be given something like that at Xmas, birthdays, fathers' day, etc. Out and about, I agree with those who have suggested Greggs & McDonald's which are very good for the price, the only thing I've ever bought from a McDonald's!

WxmJax said:
Went to Borough Market years ago and the queue for Monmouth Coffee shop was down the street. Anyway, the mrs started a food kiosk in a country park and we started selling filter coffee and only filter coffee. I wanted to sell the best coffee and tried loads and settled on Columbian Supremo from Costco. One guy had 4 one day, said it was the best coffee ever. Some wouldn't even try it and wanted Nescafe. Went back to Borough Market and I thought ours was better. Job done.
Then we had to invest in a coffee machine due to people wanting flat whites and lattes and used Lavazza beans but been drinking Honduran lately which has been good.

Best tip is coffee boiled is coffee spoiled. Give the kettle a minute to cool and if you have to use Nescafe or similar, two scoops and lots of milk, jobs a good'un.
Been to Monmouth quite a few times dont know what the fuss is about, tried Blue Mountain from Harrods for Xmas which is fantastic and you get what you pay for. If you want a quality coffee in Swansea the best is Mumbles.

I've been using the Welsh coffee company for the last couple of years, best I've tried by a long way and the prices are decent. I did give Gower coffee a try about 6 months ago but found that coffee quite bland, a bit like it had been lying around for a while.

For instant coffee this is quite nice and as it is powdery you can use it to make a nice cold frappe in this hot weather

100-espresso-100-pure-arabica-coffee-rich-with-velvety-crema-original-imafb3ebwz6fkgnx.jpeg

For french press I am not that fussed but I do like Java Sumatra beans and Ille espresso I used when my Gaggia pump machine was working.

My son's partner work for Cafe Nero and has become so obsessed, she's just shelled out £750 on a coffee machine FFS! Until she worked at Nero, she hardly ever drank the stuff.

Coffee fans, I had an Americano with one shot this morning, whilst sitting on Aberavon beach.

The world was perfect for that half an hour.

KrunchyKarrot said:
Been to Monmouth quite a few times dont know what the fuss is about, tried Blue Mountain from Harrods for Xmas which is fantastic and you get what you pay for. If you want a quality coffee in Swansea the best is Mumbles.

The one at Seven Dials is in a lovely setting. Only knew the place existed because we were staying nearby. Where do you recommend down Mumbles ?

WxmJax said:
KrunchyKarrot said:

The one at Seven Dials is in a lovely setting. Only knew the place existed because we were staying nearby. Where do you recommend down Mumbles ?

https://www.mumblescoffee.co.uk/

Verdis is also ok, I only drink Black Americano or espresso mind none of the poncy stuff some of the ladies drink above :D

karnataka said:
My son's partner work for Cafe Nero and has become so obsessed, she's just shelled out £750 on a coffee machine FFS! Until she worked at Nero, she hardly ever drank the stuff.

I bought a Bialetti recently. € 20. If it’s good enough for Montelbano 😉 …….

For my 50th Mrs Bear bought me this behemoth coffee machine that's parked on the kitchen top. We subsequently had a trip to Italy and discovered the joys of Bialetti coffee pots, which we'd been ignorant of.

Mornings: a large pot of espresso

Elevensies: Americano with milk

Evenings: a large pot of decaffinated espresso

As for the best beans, I'm a big fan of whateversonoffer.

Squarebear said:
For my 50th Mrs Bear bought me this behemoth coffee machine that's parked on the kitchen top. We subsequently had a trip to Italy and discovered the joys of Bialetti coffee pots, which we'd been ignorant of.

Mornings: a large pot of espresso

Elevensies: Americano with milk

Evenings: a large pot of decaffinated espresso

As for the best beans, I'm a big fan of whateversonoffer.

I have a Bialetti too but can’t remember how to use it lol

Bloody hell it’s got 4 parts but I still mastered it and you’re struggling. I’ve never met anyone more technically incompetent than me.You’ve made my day mwsh!

Longlostjack said:
karnataka said:

I bought a Bialetti recently. € 20. If it’s good enough for Montelbano 😉 …….
I love watching Montalbano.
What coffee do you buy for it? Plus do you use cold water or slightly warm water?

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back