• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cooper: Swansea will be a tough test for Nottingham Forest

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
If the worse case scenario is put to Steve Cooper he will have a third successive crack at the Championship play offs next month but what the former Swans boss really wants is an automatic promotion place, something which is totally within their own grasp after the midweek results. Cooper will welcome...

Read more

I’ll never forgive him for that play off final. We drew twice with Brentford last season so were more than capable of winning it. If we’d gone up I’m sure he’d have been backed in the transfer market like he wished, but to get within 90 minutes of the premier league and put a performance in like that is unacceptable. If I had to choose between them and Bournemouth though, it’ll be Forest every day of the week.

FelindreJack said:
I’ll never forgive him for that play off final. We drew twice with Brentford last season so were more than capable of winning it. If we’d gone up I’m sure he’d have been backed in the transfer market like he wished, but to get within 90 minutes of the premier league and put a performance in like that is unacceptable. If I had to choose between them and Bournemouth though, it’ll be Forest every day of the week.

I'd prefer Muff to go up. If not they'll throw more money at it next year making them difficult to shift. If Forest don't make it, it could well have a hangover effect. Cooper won't get things his own way there like he did here. Patience could well run thin very quickly up there.

sainthelens said:
FelindreJack said:

I'd prefer Muff to go up. If not they'll throw more money at it next year making them difficult to shift. If Forest don't make it, it could well have a hangover effect. Cooper won't get things his own way there like he did here. Patience could well run thin very quickly up there.

Would definitely prefer Forest to go up, big club that have been out of the top division far too long . Don't like Bournemouth much at all really or their overrated manager. Thrown pots of money on players and still struggling to go up automatically, hope it all blows up in their faces.

FelindreJack said:
Without Cooper though we don’t even get near the playoffs, as we’ve proved this season under Jack Russell.

cmajack said:
sainthelens said:

Would definitely prefer Forest to go up, big club that have been out of the top division far too long . Don't like Bournemouth much at all really or their overrated manager. Thrown pots of money on players and still struggling to go up automatically, hope it all blows up in their faces.

Absolutely agree, I mean, it’s not ideal, I would prefer if neither went up but that’s highly unlikely. I did laugh when the Muff fans sang “your grounds too big for you” considering their whole stadium only holds 1 man and his dog 🤣 Horrible team though and shite manager as you said, he’s been with Fulham and Bournemouth in the championship with probably twice the budget of any other team and he’s still struggling. They weren’t even good, it was a mix of misfortune on our part (Cabango going off didn’t help) and the quality of players they were able to bring off the bench compared to us. As a side note, I thought we were outstanding for 60-70 mins, with 4-5 additions, not including replacing the likes of Wolf, we could very well be up there next season if we can pull out those sort of performances consistently.

Roger said:
FelindreJack said:
Without Cooper though we don’t even get near the playoffs, as we’ve proved this season under Jack Russell.

You mean without Ayew and Lowe’s goals, without the golden gloves winner, without the best defender in the Championship and without an excellent Championship wing back.

Cooper didn’t fancy that rebuilding job one little bit.

Hate both and prefer Huddersfield to go up automatically and Sheffield United or Luton ( or however the 4th playoff team is ) to win the final

sainthelens said:
FelindreJack said:

Everton could well be in the Championship next season and they'll probably walk it, that'll leave 2 places left, plenty of bigger clubs in the Championship who will probably chuck a few quid around in hope of hitting the jackpot, doubt we'll come anywhere near to what they'll spend.

The longer we stay in the Championship the harder its gonna be to get back into the Premiership, cause players like Piroe, Downes and Obafemi will get sold and we'll be starting again in rebuilding.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back