• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Could Manchester City v Chelsea mean a move of the play off final?

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
It is starting to look more likely that the upcoming Champions League final between Manchester City and Chelsea will mean a move of the Championship play off final that was scheduled to take place at Wembley on the same day. The Champions League final was due to take place in Istanbul on 29 May but...

Read more

swansnews said:
It is starting to look more likely that the upcoming Champions League final between Manchester City and Chelsea will mean a move of the Championship play off final that was scheduled to take place at Wembley on the same day. The Champions League final was due to take place in Istanbul on 29 May but...

Read more

Possible upside of that could be if that in some minor miracle we make it through, then cos of the additional waiting time then maybe more fans could be aloud in for the PO final ?

Can't see why they cant play Ist and and 2nd Division playoffs same day, one say 11.30 and one say 4.30 on the Sunday, then play Championship game on the Monday ?
Then they can play the Mancs v Chelski on Saturday ?
Wembley is well used to holding events on consecutive days and quick turnarounds

UEFA will still need the stadium for most of Sunday for media and removal of branding. Then the EFL branding would need to be set up It wouldn't work. The same thing happened when United played Barcelona in 2011. They kept one final on the Monday, and moved the others to Old Trafford on the Saturday and Sunday because they needed the stadium for those two days.

Monday is out of the question for the Championship Playoff Final as UEFA require all players to be released from their clubs by the Monday for the Euros.

The government, Sky, EFL and UEFA will all find agreement and the Champions League final will be hosted at Wembley on Saturday 29th March because:

- EFL need to keep the Governement on side for next season's return to stadium
- EFL and sky will be compensated financially
- UEFA will have more fans at the flag ship event
- UK Government avoids any travel complexities for fans and players returning, and has prestige of hosting event in UK

The only potential sticking point is if the UK Government are going to be hard on the number for fans, but I doubt this will be the case.

The Championship Playoff Final will almost certainly be played at the same time slot, at a different venue.

I wonder which venue they will hold the EFL play offs at.

Usually Cardiff would be a good call but I can't see that with the Welsh gov not even having done a test event yet.

Would the UK Gov / Met Police be happy with another London stadium? Probably not.

JBT95 said:
I wonder which venue they will hold the EFL play offs at.

Usually Cardiff would be a good call but I can't see that with the Welsh gov not even having done a test event yet.

Would the UK Gov / Met Police be happy with another London stadium? Probably not.

Villa Pk shirley.

Champions league final likely to be in Portugal 🇵🇹 apparently.

J_B said:
Champions league final likely to be in Portugal 🇵🇹 apparently.

Providing we get to the PO final, they can move that to Portugal as well. Footy and holiday in 1 go.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back