• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Could Obafemi be coming back.

Swanjaxs

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Taking into account he hasn't started a league game for Burnley and it's only "an option to buy" at the end of the season?

He's hardly set the heather alight at Turf Moore and is absolutely not going to get any Premier league starts, could he once again become our problem...
Lifted from LancsLive.

"Since promotion was secured in early April back to the Premier League, Kompany has been handing out starts to players within his squad to get a guide of what he has at his disposal before the move back to the top flight. However, Obafemi has continued to feature in spells off the bench."

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/burnley-michael-obafemi-swansea-transfer-26833183

As soon as they got promoted the deal permanent deal was done I thought.

Risc said:
As soon as they got promoted the deal permanent deal was done I thought.

Same here, but in this article it states "an option to buy" not a commitment, hopefully a case of crossed wires because Obafemi coming back would be hideous in fairness.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/michael-obafemis-permanent-burnley-transfer-26657374.amp

Swansea93 said:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/michael-obafemis-permanent-burnley-transfer-26657374.amp

Haha well someone's got thier story wrong :lol:

"The forward joined the Clarets on loan for the second half of the campaign from the Swans. There is also an option to buy the player this summer, which is understood to be due to come into play following Burnley's promotion back to the Premier League."

Russ would be thrilled.
He always stated Michael and him had a good relationship.

Swanjaxs said:
Haha well someone's got thier story wrong :lol:

"The forward joined the Clarets on loan for the second half of the campaign from the Swans. There is also an option to buy the player this summer, which is understood to be due to come into play following Burnley's promotion back to the Premier League."

"it is understood that" "expected that", and worst of all "Wales Online understands that"

An option to buy is certainly not a compulsion to buy. I hope this doesn't end badly for us.

monmouth said:
"it is understood that" "expected that", and worst of all "Wales Online understands that"

An option to buy is certainly not a compulsion to buy. I hope this doesn't end badly for us.

I too have a bad feeling about this, sounds to me it was a try before you buy deal, and judging by the amount of game time given to Obafemi I fear he's coming back...

So if Burnley decide not to exercise the option to buy, Obi remains a Swans player until someone signs him on a permanent transfer, or he re-joins Burnley on another loan, or goes out on loan somewhere else. We are entitled to a transfer fee unless he leaves 'on a free' somewhere, which I can't see happening as he's too good a player. We'll get funds for him.

BarryTownSwan said:
So if Burnley decide not to exercise the option to buy, Obi remains a Swans player until someone signs him on a permanent transfer, or he re-joins Burnley on another loan, or goes out on loan somewhere else. We are entitled to a transfer fee unless he leaves 'on a free' somewhere, which I can't see happening as he's too good a player. We'll get funds for him.

This is the thing though, talented yes (but never Premier league quality in a million years), looks like another club has found him wanting (judging by his starts).

The clock is ticking for Obafemi, he has previous, and his value is diminishing, rapidly.

But hey, perhaps the WOL has got it spot on and he's got his move 🤔 🙏

I don't think a single Swans supporter thought that he would be any use to Burnley. It was a bizarre deal in a ridiculous January window.

Maybe he stays as Piroe's "replacement"?

J_B said:
I don't think a single Swans supporter thought that he would be any use to Burnley. It was a bizarre deal in a ridiculous January window.

Maybe he stays as Piroe's "replacement"?

Taken in as back up probably, incase they had injuries/suspensions......wont be long there if he isnt coming back.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back