• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Could Swansea City already have the missing link?

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
https://planetswans.co.uk/2022/11/24/could-swansea-city-already-have-the-missing-link/

Don't think Russ will use him. He'll probably stick with what he's got. May get a 3rd round cup game.

Our very own Pedri or Gavi.

Let's hope RM and the boys are watching Spain - making possession work by stretching the pitch, playing in the right areas and getting the very best out of intelligent, technical players in the final 3rd.

Jak365 said:
Our very own Pedri or Gavi.

Let's hope RM and the boys are watching Spain - making possession work by stretching the pitch, playing in the right areas and getting the very best out of intelligent, technical players in the final 3rd.

Did you honestly just compare Liam Walsh (less than 100 professional matches at 25 years old, all at Championship level or below) with Pedri and Gavi? Two teenagers who are regulars in Barcelona's first team and are both playing for Spain at the World Cup?

That's an interesting comparison.

What we’re really missing and especially Piroe is an on form Patterson from last season.

JackSomething said:
Did you honestly just compare Liam Walsh (less than 100 professional matches at 25 years old, all at Championship level or below) with Pedri and Gavi? Two teenagers who are regulars in Barcelona's first team and are both playing for Spain at the World Cup?

That's an interesting comparison.

Lol. LW has the latent talent to fill a big gap in our repertoire. I've heard the club has high hopes and RM now recognises this too.

Given how RM insists on congesting the middle, with even our WBs always cutting inside, we need someone who can unlock that congested middle. His relationship with Pato and how they combine when Pato plays wide left and looks for LW in the middle could be vital in feeding JP, reigniting his mojo and banging them in again.

Jak365 said:
Lol. LW has the latent talent to fill a big gap in our repertoire. I've heard the club has high hopes and RM now recognises this too.

Given how RM insists on congesting the middle, with even our WBs always cutting inside, we need someone who can unlock that congested middle. His relationship with Pato and how they combine when Pato plays wide left and looks for LW in the middle could be vital in feeding JP, reigniting his mojo and banging them in again.

If that's the case we need to hope Brizzle don't ask for him back, they must be gutted letting him escape for nothing...

Must admit half of me had forgotten about Liam Walsh. Difficulty is its hard to know whether RM rates him or not. His loan spell last season would suggest not (i.e. why would we allow him out if he was rated here) but there is definitely a talent in there althouh 7/8 years in the professional game and how many appearances tells its own story.

I do think we (Piroe especially) misses the Paterson we saw at the start of last season and a midfield pairing of Fulton/Grimes is never going to create much. Whether we need Walsh I don't know but we do need an in form Paterson

Jak365 said:

So you weren't comparing Walsh to Gavi and Pedri. Good to know.

Excellent thread, proper real insight.

Proper shout out for Walsh, a proper Jack who loves it down here, way down by the sea.

By all accounts he will be supporting Wales vs England. Fair play, for an ex England International. Walsh is almost Welsh nowadays.

C'mon Russ, do your magic and properly realise Walsh's Welsh potential and let's see him playing the Rambo role for Wales asap........

I'd forgotten about Walsh, thought we'd sold him or something. Definitely a talent in there.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/liam-walsh-praised-diligent-work-during-injury-recovery

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back