• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Covid here we go again

With almost 70% of the UK population now vaccinated with the second jab is this yet more scaremongering?

Costello said:
With almost 70% of the UK population now vaccinated with the second jab is this yet more scaremongering?

Are these vaccines working well enough to combat covid though, if the protection is 70 or below, there's still a big risk of people getting ill and of a severe illness, will the vaccine combat other mutations that could be stronger, so many questions, that's why I think government and us people should continue to be cautious and take precautions, opening up Nightclubs and venues where people clearly mix, is a recipe for further problems, people want to get on with their lives I know and rightly so, but there needs to be some restrictions.
I'm sure those who want to open up and crack on, will quickly change their minds should they contact it or their loved ones do and end up with a serious illness or even just a nasty bout of it.

The number of cases shouldn't be in the conversation any more. The vaccination process was to break the link between infections and hospitalisations. You can't stop people getting sick.

thefranchise said:
The number of cases shouldn't be in the conversation any more. The vaccination process was to break the link between infections and hospitalisations. You can't stop people getting sick.

The more infections, the more chance of serious illness and hospitalisation's, which could again overwhelm the NHS. Better to still be cautious for now IMO

Niigata Jack said:
thefranchise said:

The more infections, the more chance of serious illness and hospitalisation's, which could again overwhelm the NHS. Better to still be cautious for now IMO

I can't agree mate. There is an effective testing process in place and vaccinations have broken the link between cases and deaths. Suicides are killing more people than covid is and that's all down to the long term complications of forced isolation. So many people's relationships have ended in the last 18 months and the people that were forced to pivot into self employment after 2008 have seen everything they've worked for destroyed.

There is so much more to this than a virus that is never going away and now is the perfect time to treat it like any virus that is around and is high risk to those who are medically at risk. Protect them with medicines and vaccines, then let the rest of the world try to clean up the mess it's left in it's wake. That time is now or we will be at risk of major civil unrest if it goes into another winter.

Any evidence on that suicide killing more than Covid claim? I fully get that isolation will have a negative impact on the mental health of some but that claim sounds spurious to me.

exiledclaseboy said:
Any evidence on that suicide killing more than Covid claim? I fully get that isolation will have a negative impact on the mental health of some but that claim sounds spurious to me.

I'll have another look for the post mate. It was from a men's health charity that the daily suicide rate was higher than actual covid deaths. No doubt it's all down to interpretation but if the daily deaths from covid in the UK is around 10, the suicide rates were higher when I was running an office for a mental health charity a few years ago so I wouldn't at all be surprised.

Niigata Jack said:
thefranchise said:

Lots of NHS staff have gone through a very difficult 18 months or so watching large numbers suffer and in some cases people dying of Covid, “well-being” and mental health issues have had a significant impact, a huge influx of patients may overwhelm the NHS and hospitals who may find it difficult and staffing wards.

It’s madness to lift all restrictions from tomorrow as England is doing. There’s no lockdown currently pretty much everything is open again. To remove the remaining restrictions while cases are soaring as they are is playing with lives and a nakedly political move.

thefranchise said:
exiledclaseboy said:

I'll have another look for the post mate. It was from a men's health charity that the daily suicide rate was higher than actual covid deaths. No doubt it's all down to interpretation but if the daily deaths from covid in the UK is around 10, the suicide rates were higher when I was running an office for a mental health charity a few years ago so I wouldn't at all be surprised.

I’m one that agrees we can’t avoid some degree of getting on with it, but isn’t the danger widespread infection of unvaccinated younger people and the mutation of vaccine resistant ‘variants’ taking us back to square one? Certainly the uk approach is considered very high risk by, well by everybody, really, even our own scientists. When you add in that the people making the actual decisions based on popularity and political expediency are also total twats, and that hospitalisation are on the rise in hotspots, I’m not sure the prognosis is as benign as some may claim.

I don’t doubt the negative effect of isolation though, even if the suicide stat is the usual bollocks headline grabber favoured by the let it rip brigade (I don’t think for one second you are one of those mate, by the way)

This freedom day stuff is crackers. We could just as easily roll back some of the restrictions gradually keeping others which will free greater levels of protection. This freedom day stuff is all about posturing by Boris, nothing more and nothing less. Better to have a sensible gradual approach than rip the brakes off only to have to reapply them in a month or two with much more stringent conditions than we have now.

monmouth said:
thefranchise said:

I’m one that agrees we can’t avoid some degree of getting on with it, but isn’t the danger widespread infection of unvaccinated younger people and the mutation of vaccine resistant ‘variants’ taking us back to square one? Certainly the uk approach is considered very high risk by, well by everybody, really, even our own scientists. When you add in that the people making the actual decisions based on popularity and political expediency are also total twats, and that hospitalisation are on the rise in hotspots, I’m not sure the prognosis is as benign as some may claim.

I don’t doubt the negative effect of isolation though, even if the suicide stat is the usual bollocks headline grabber favoured by the let it rip brigade (I don’t think for one second you are one of those mate, by the way)

I'm not, don't worry. Both vaccines done, I am being as responsible as possible while trying to stay on top of things I need to do to survive.

I've tried looking for the post, I can't find it now. I am happy to retract the suicide part but as the actual "died from covid" deaths dropped, I wouldn't be surprised if they were lower than the suicide rates that have been fairly consistent for the last decade really.

Honestly, I don't know what the answer is. Different parts of the world have tried different approaches. Each state in America seems to have a different idea and other countries are using drugs like Ivermectin with apparent success. The research in that has been pulled apart too.

It is far easier to sit in front of the BBC and just take that at face value but I have never been that person. There is so much politicising going on, it's hard to filter out the actual reality.

thefranchise said:
monmouth said:

I'm not, don't worry. Both vaccines done, I am being as responsible as possible while trying to stay on top of things I need to do to survive.

I've tried looking for the post, I can't find it now. I am happy to retract the suicide part but as the actual "died from covid" deaths dropped, I wouldn't be surprised if they were lower than the suicide rates that have been fairly consistent for the last decade really.

Honestly, I don't know what the answer is. Different parts of the world have tried different approaches. Each state in America seems to have a different idea and other countries are using drugs like Ivermectin with apparent success. The research in that has been pulled apart too.

It is far easier to sit in front of the BBC and just take that at face value but I have never been that person. There is so much politicising going on, it's hard to filter out the actual reality.

One of this countries greatest shames (or should be), is the mental health support that is out there.

Forget covid v suicide, that's just a diversionary tactic, lets tackle covid and suicide / mental health on equal terms, throw the same amount of money at mental health as we have at covid.

I couldn't have any more disdain for the actual support out there, if i tried.

And to get back to the gist of this thread, its another disgraceful move by this lousy government. They have learnt absolutely nothing the past 18 months. Mass murderers the lot of them.

We could be looking at literally millions of people self isolating, each day in the next couple of weeks as well.

exiledclaseboy said:
It’s madness to lift all restrictions from tomorrow as England is doing. There’s no lockdown currently pretty much everything is open again. To remove the remaining restrictions while cases are soaring as they are is playing with lives and a nakedly political move.

Johnson has done that from the start and was happy to do so and nothings changed, he chucks his yes men on to the News programmes to back up his lies and bullshit, you only got to look at the likes of Jenrick to see he's lying, as was that clown whose name I hate saying Hancock, what a cretinous bunch of vipers they are.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back