• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cristiano Ronaldo GOAT 🐐

SwansNZ said:
Neath_Jack said:
Who's achieved more?
Who holds the most individual records in the game?
Who's proven themselves in a number of countries, winning titles in all of them?
Who has consistently performed season after season, at the very top?

Tally those up, and tell me who comes close to Ronaldo.
I'm not disagreeing. Pele was a little before my time, but winning the world cup 3 times is not bad either.

He didn't win those World Cups singlehandedly mind.

SwansNZ said:
Neath_Jack said:
Who's achieved more?
Who holds the most individual records in the game?
Who's proven themselves in a number of countries, winning titles in all of them?
Who has consistently performed season after season, at the very top?

Tally those up, and tell me who comes close to Ronaldo.
I'm not disagreeing. Pele was a little before my time, but winning the world cup 3 times is not bad either.

Aye not bad, but he never done it against Stoke on a cold Wednesday night in the Premier League.

Swanjaxs said:
SwansNZ said:

He didn't win those World Cups singlehandedly mind.
Unlike Ronaldo?
Different times, and as I've said, Pele was a bit before my time. Ronaldo is certainly the best of current generation, maybe of all time.

Sir Stanley Matthews for me. Pups like Ronald won’t be playing at the highest level when they’re 45.

I'm old enough to have seen most of the contenders of the last 50 odd years and up until about 10 years ago, I thought Maradona was the goat but CR7 has to be the goat for me now. Absolutely extraordinary player.

Cruyff is missing from the list of great players.

Comparing players of yesteryear with today’s players is like comparing apples and pears, the game has moved on as has the science supporting today’s modern players. There is no doubt that Ronaldo is a great player, but he’s been very fortunate to have played in strong teams with some of the the best players around.

The PL was and still is competitive league, but the Spanish and Italian leagues are much weaker and the top teams tend to dominate. Juve and Real Madrid are the richest clubs in their leagues ( as were a Man Utd) and they have hoovered up most of the talent available n their leagues.

Maradona and Ronaldo had the ability to win important games almost single-handed, something that Messi fails at.

Pele was iconic for me as a young child growing up in early 70s Wales, as was the whole ethos of the Brazil team. We never were taught football at school so when we played, which was every break-time, it would be flicks, tricks, and pretending to be Jairzinho or whoever, none of this structured nonsense.

MajorR said:

Comparing players of yesteryear with today’s players is like comparing apples and pears, the game has moved on as has the science supporting today’s modern players. There is no doubt that Ronaldo is a great player, but he’s been very fortunate to have played in strong teams with some of the the best players around.

The PL was and still is competitive league, but the Spanish and Italian leagues are much weaker and the top teams tend to dominate. Juve and Real Madrid are the richest clubs in their leagues ( as were a Man Utd) and they have hoovered up most of the talent available n their leagues.

Cruyff was world class who changed the way football was played at the time, Barezi did the same in defence. George Best the same. But Ronaldo is on another level the most complete footballer i have ever seen nobody else comes close.

KrunchyKarrot said:
MajorR said:

Cruyff was world class who changed the way football was played at the time, Barezi did the same in defence. George Best the same. But Ronaldo is on another level the most complete footballer i have ever seen nobody else comes close.

Absolutely mate.
And I wouldn't be surprised, the way CR7 looks after himself, he'll still be the best player around at 40...

Like I’ve already said until you can get them all playing at the same time,on today’s pitches,with today’s diets and science nobody can say why the goat is.
With player power today they’d probably refuse to play on this below and you can add to that the fact Tommy Smith wasn’t even booked for his tackle on Ardiles,imagine Ronnie back then with no protection from refs.
Sorry but I’m right as usual.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZozSvoUe-U

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back