• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Crrystal Palace

blackflyingswan

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
Crystal Palace announce Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira as their new manager
Time for cooper to resign ? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Cooper Has Lost all credibility as our manager(sic) To keep face he must resign.

About as much chance of that as Ayew signing again

Talking of Ayew https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en/amp/news/exit-arsenal-star-partey-enter-andre-ayew-ex-swansea-forward/19c21fy43puav1kile906r8ur6

Can you not see that Cooper allowed himself to be interviewed for these positions .Which seems to me that he had little or no regard or loyalty to Swansea City, OR THE JACK ARMY.Shame on him.

blackflyingswan said:
Can you not see that Cooper allowed himself to be interviewed for these positions .Which seems to me that he had little or no regard or loyalty to Swansea City, OR THE JACK ARMY.Shame on him.

like every other manager at every other club. He has a contract, managers get interviewed all the time.

You have to remember that our owners gave Cooper permission to talk to Palace in the first place, looks like both parties want a parting of the ways.
Unfortunately not to be this time.

Swanjaxs said:
You have to remember that our owners gave Cooper permission to talk to Palace in the first place, looks like both parties want a parting of the ways.

Exactly, it's not as if he was taking interviews without permission from the club. If he did indeed have an interview before the Playoff final then presumably the club signed off on that, which would be a strange decision on the club's part in my opinion.

Cooper absolutely doesn't have to resign, he's done nothing wrong as far as we know. Just because plenty of us are eager to see him leave, we don't need to become hysterical.

The most likely departure now seems to be mutual termination of his contact, a la Sousa, but I can't see us wanting to pay off any of his contract in the current financial climate.

Has he angered our CEO?
Now is the WINTER of our discontent..........

:roll:

JackSomething said:
Swanjaxs said:

Exactly, it's not as if he was taking interviews without permission from the club. If he did indeed have an interview before the Playoff final then presumably the club signed off on that, which would be a strange decision on the club's part in my opinion.

Cooper absolutely doesn't have to resign, he's done nothing wrong as far as we know. Just because plenty of us are eager to see him leave, we don't need to become hysterical.

The most likely departure now seems to be mutual termination of his contact, a la Sousa, but I can't see us wanting to pay off any of his contract in the current financial climate.

As I recall we didn't terminate Sousa's contract, Leicester City paid us compo for him?

bakajack said:
JackSomething said:

As I recall we didn't terminate Sousa's contract, Leicester City paid us compo for him?

Looking at the news reports at the time, it was described as mutual termination of contract and articles say they 'understood' that Leicester would pay us some compensation. I don't know for sure, but I'd say it's pretty likely that would have been a far smaller amount than the usual compensation process when hiring a manager already under contract, otherwise why stress that it was a mutual termination of contract?

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back