• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Dai Vaughan Dunvant RFC

KillayJack

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
Sad, sad news yesterday to hear of the passing of this great man.

A legend in Welsh rugby circles and a quality after dinner speaker he brought so much fun and laughter to so many people over the past 30/40 years.

Instrumental with a few others in taking Dunvant RFC from the West Wales League to the Premier League playing against Swansea, Cardiff, Llanelli every week & even qualifying for European competition. An unbelievable journey for essentially what is a ‘Swansea suburb’.

I am so proud to have been a part of that journey in my youth when we changed in a storage unit back in the early 70’s before I ‘deserted’ to football !!

Sincere condolences to all the Vaughan family, I played with Richard at Dunvant back in the day and the Dunvant/Killay area will be crying a tear or three tonight upon hearing of David’s passing.

God Bless Big Fella, you were one hell of a Leg..Leg…Leg…Legend !!! 😁🙏🏼

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/welsh-rugby-mourns-passing-one-22463496

Dddddddddddd dunvant.
Great bloke
Gave a lot of players a chance to make it from the Carmarthen area including one Mefin Davies who I used to train with.

dickythorpe said:
Dddddddddddd dunvant.
Great bloke
Gave a lot of players a chance to make it from the Carmarthen area including one Mefin Davies who I used to train with.

I remember Mefin playing down there great hooker he really worked hard to improve himself and get to the next level 👍

RIP big man and a top “old school” character. Legend at Dunvant, Welsh rugby and in business too. A great entertainer and a fantastic host.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back