• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Darling to 'see what happens' over Swansea future

No, I don't think Darling is a league-leading centre-half, but he's too good for us to let go on a free. Exactly the same feeling I have with Cabango - we aren't a strong enough side to let two young, proven centre-backs leave for nothing

No, I don't think Darling is a league-leading centre-half, but he's too good for us to let go on a free. Exactly the same feeling I have with Cabango - we aren't a strong enough side to let two young, proven centre-backs leave for nothing
This will be a financial driven decision. What is most cost effective overall, Darling new contract on what will inevitably be higher wages, or signing a replacement of equal stature?

This will be a financial driven decision. What is most cost effective overall, Darling new contract on what will inevitably be higher wages, or signing a replacement of equal stature?
Got to be better stature, Shirley.

I don't understand why people moan about and criticise Darling and Bango. I think we've got two of the best young centrebacks in the Championship.
The negative, pass back stuff we were playing made them look bad because they were constantly having to keep possession and pass it back and fore to each other, with no outlet, or be forced to bring it out and lose it. What a difference last Saturday, there was virtually none of that and both were outstanding.

It should be but I think we both know that if we do let him go we won't replace him with a player of equal stature.
Should have sorted a new contract out last year or sold him for a decent fee if he wasn't prepared to sign.

I don't understand why people moan about and criticise Darling and Bango. I think we've got two of the best young centrebacks in the Championship.
The negative, pass back stuff we were playing made them look bad because they were constantly having to keep possession and pass it back and fore to each other, with no outlet, or be forced to bring it out and lose it. What a difference last Saturday, there was virtually none of that and both were outstanding.
They are suffering in part from the reputation gained when Russ was asking them to play football suicide across the back line.

couldn’t agree more!
It happened once that I noticed (after Franco and Naughton went off). Cabango received the ball in a difficult position and nobody moved. For the first time I can remember he lost it and was screaming at them. More of that Ben!! Highlight the issue!

If he was asking for silly money, then fair enough, but he's saying we haven't even spoken to him about a new contract? To go into the final season of a relatively young first-team player's contract without having even started negotiations is bonkers (I'm assuming we don't have the option to automatically extend his contract). He's an important player on the pitch and a relatively valuable asset also, so if nothing else you'd think the Yanks would want to preserve his value.

Isn't Cabango in the same position contract-wise? Ridiculous if so.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back