• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Doctors Appointments

jack123

Michu
Reaction score
What the hell is going on with doctors atm, From what I have heard, you can't get an appointment , why? Just why, they are not treating covid patients, so wtf have they shut up shop.

And made it so hard too see a doc?

jack123 said:
From what I have heard

Have a word with yourself mun, I needed to see a doctor in the middle of the 'first wave'. I rang up and was seen the next day.

Monty said:
jack123 said:
From what I have heard

Have a word with yourself mun, I needed to see a doctor in the middle of the 'first wave'. I rang up and was seen the next day.

Try ringing now.

Looks like everything has to be through the internet, it's just so great for the old people.

The 'Ask my GP' service at Bont's Tal-y-Bont surgery works really efficiently. If you need to see a GP after the initial triage process then that is readily available....but you are quite correct in stating that for the elderly or 'technologically challenged' it is irrelevant. They still have to fight through the first wall of defence...the dreaded receptionists! Tobe honest though, even they are OK at our surgery. Just saying, if you really need to see a Doc, you see one.

jack123 said:
Monty said:

Try ringing now.

Looks like everything has to be through the internet, it's just so great for the old people.

Mumbles Medical Practice has offered superb service throughout. I’ve been in five or six times since March.

And I’m old and I can use the internet although I haven’t needed it to access the doc.

Why are you scaremongering?

J_B said:
jack123 said:
Try ringing now.

Mumbles Medical Practice has offered superb service throughout. I’ve been in five or six times since March.

And I’m old and I can use the internet although I haven’t needed it to access the doc.

He's not, he just doesn't live in fckn Mumbles.

BrynCartwright said:
The 'Ask my GP' service at Bont's Tal-y-Bont surgery works really efficiently. If you need to see a GP after the initial triage process then that is readily available....but you are quite correct in stating that for the elderly or 'technologically challenged' it is irrelevant. They still have to fight through the first wall of defence...the dreaded receptionists! Tobe honest though, even they are OK at our surgery. Just saying, if you really need to see a Doc, you see one.

I agree, used that service recently and it worked well.
Rang Gorseinon surgery yesterday to book a flu jab, got through after a 5 minute wait..no problem.

Lifelong said:
BrynCartwright said:

I agree, used that service recently and it worked well.
Rang Gorseinon surgery yesterday to book a flu jab, got through after a 5 minute wait..no problem.

We’ve used it too,great service.

sainthelens said:
J_B said:

He's not, he just doesn't live in fckn Mumbles.

Or Bont or Gorseinon apparently. Seeing as we have specific examples that surgeries are seeing people, it would be useful to have a specific example of what the OP describes.

It's conveniently always 'have heard' for some people. Well, I've heard that the earth is flat and that the US government uses chemicals to turn people gay, doesn't mean I automatically believe them.

I'm quite surprised by some of the replies, the surgery in question(which I'm not prepared to name), and not my surgery btw, do seem to be making things a lot more difficult for the patient to see a doc.

You know if I said, I had a bad Chinese meal last night it was cold and tasteless, I doubt the replies would be rubbish I had one from Gorseinon it was hot and tasty.

jack123 said:
I'm quite surprised by some of the replies, the surgery in question(which I'm not prepared to name), and not my surgery btw, do seem to be making things a lot more difficult for the patient to see a doc.

You know if I said, I had a bad Chinese meal last night it was cold and tasteless, I doubt the replies would be rubbish I had one from Gorseinon it was hot and tasty.

If you had a bad Chinese meal, I would want to know which Chinese you used, so I could avoid it in the future. If a surgery is doing as you have suggested, they should be named and shamed too. Otherwise it just looks like scaremongering.

jack123 said:
the surgery in question(which I'm not prepared to name), and not my surgery btw, do seem to be making things a lot more difficult for the patient to see a doc.

Based on what?

Translation: I read this on facebook

JackSomething said:
jack123 said:

If you had a bad Chinese meal, I would want to know which Chinese you used, so I could avoid it in the future. If a surgery is doing as you have suggested, they should be named and shamed too. Otherwise it just looks like scaremongering.

NHS has enough criticism and rightly so if deserved, spurious comments like yours need validation.

jack123 said:

If you had a bad Chinese, you would definitely name it.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back