• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Does Liam Cullen deserve a new contract?

I wholeheartedly agree, but if he fecks off in January I really would not like to test what happens next because I suspect by 1st Feb we'd be much worse off.
Challenge is that every club in the history of time has looked for that elusive goal scorer. They're quite difficult to unearth.

For every Piroe there are two Jerry Yates.

Yes we should offer Cullen a new contract, we ain't exactly rolling in it and beggars can't be choosers unfortunately.

He like most strikers thrive on service. We appear to be too eager to play keep ball as opposed to getting the ball forward to supply our strikers. Our top scorer last year had 8 goals. Will anyone surpass that this year? Perhaps if we get 9 penalties. If I was him I'd be looking for pastures new unless things change dramatically.

Yes, absolutely. Makes no sense at all to let him walk for nothing. He's a decent back up striker (or at least that's what he would be with proper recruitment) and would cost far more to replace with a player of the same level than to renew and pay him the going rate.

Well, clearly Culls is #1 pick for us West Walians, so it’s a no brainer. For the narrow minded.

However with my bigger picture Swans hat on, a decent bomb squad merchant is his limit at this level. Josh Thomas offers way more gushing pizzazz.

Well, clearly Culls is #1 pick for us West Walians, so it’s a no brainer. For the narrow minded.

However with my bigger picture Swans hat on, a decent bomb squad merchant is his limit at this level. Josh Thomas offers way more gushing pizzazz.
*gushing pizzazz
I like it 👍

I think he'd be ideal playing off a big man because his strength is reacting to knock downs and loose balls.
Not much chance of that happening soon so offer him a reasonable deal without breaking the bank.

I think he'd be ideal playing off a big man because his strength is reacting to knock downs and loose balls.
Not much chance of that happening soon so offer him a reasonable deal without breaking the bank.
I'd love to see us play 4-4-2

Reports from some media outlets stating he wants a "proper contract". I'm not sure what that constitutes for a player of his abilities.

If he wasn't "one of our own" the lad would be long gone.
Disagree The facts are that he was used anywhere but given proper position firstly hesfe Piroe more prolific and last.season and this has been put best striker. A prophet on his own land on biblical terms and definitely not a lost prophet.

To state the obvious, it all depends on the terms of the contract. As others have pointed out running contracts down to the final year or in this case exercising the option to extend sounds like bad planning.

Credit LWf. with improving Culs since he is making curved runs Which are not being served. He got a contract from RM because of his impressive goal scoring record then Duff played him RB.

With the recent media report saying several clubs are interested in him, does he deserve a new contract? Or shall we cash in seeing as he’ll be a free agent next year?

My opinion is he deserves a new deal, you can’t fault his effort and commitment to the club and he can score goals, yeah he shouldn’t be a starting striker but he’s a great squad option.
With the recent media report saying several clubs are interested in him, does he deserve a new contract? Or shall we cash in seeing as he’ll be a free agent next year?

My opinion is he deserves a new deal, you can’t fault his effort and commitment to the club and he can score goals, yeah he shouldn’t be a starting striker but he’s a great squad option.
OK its about opinions, but remember Liam Manning left for nothing, Liam Walsh left the club for nothing, and both are plying their trade now at much higher levels. If 5 clubs wanted Liam C, thats because he is worth it in their opinion. The pattern that is emerging is not kind to the image of those entrusted with management of the club's affairs; it needs someone to step in.

OK its about opinions, but remember Liam Manning left for nothing, Liam Walsh left the club for nothing, and both are plying their trade now at much higher levels. If 5 clubs wanted Liam C, thats because he is worth it in their opinion. The pattern that is emerging is not kind to the image of those entrusted with management of the club's affairs; it needs someone to step in.
Manning had no intention of signing a new contact, he left to either greed or knowing that something else was in the pipeline.

No doubting Walsh's ability, he just was available often enough. If the club had offered a new contract it would have raised questions marks and he's playing in the same league as us.

If Liam Cullen is asking for more than the club are willing to pay then he has a decision to make. I doubt very much there would be this much fuss if he hadn't come through the ranks.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back