• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Does Liam Cullen deserve a new contract?

Manning had no intention of signing a new contact, he left to either greed or knowing that something else was in the pipeline.

No doubting Walsh's ability, he just was available often enough. If the club had offered a new contract it would have raised questions marks and he's playing in the same league as us.

If Liam Cullen is asking for more than the club are willing to pay then he has a decision to make. I doubt very much there would be this much fuss if he hadn't come through the ranks.
I don't have any problem with Manning, he honoured the contract he signed when he joined and didn't cause any drama (like Paterson for example). His contract expired and he moved on, probably getting a decent signing on fee from Southampton

I don't have any problem with Manning, he honoured the contract he signed when he joined and didn't cause any drama (like Paterson for example). His contract expired and he moved on, probably getting a decent signing on fee from Southampton
I don't blame any player for doing what he did it just show how some players are motivated purely by money.

What makes me cringe is some of our fan base applauding him when he's taking corners for the opposing team.

I don't blame any player for doing what he did it just show how some players are motivated purely by money.

What makes me cringe is some of our fan base applauding him when he's taking corners for the opposing team.
Football is weird though where groups of people have loyalty to a particular organisation.

For the players, why shouldn't they go to the organisation that will pay them the best wages? In most cases, they don't have any attachment to the club they play for but us fans sometimes struggle to accept that and think they should be emotionally invested to the extent we are

Football is weird though where groups of people have loyalty to a particular organisation.

For the players, why shouldn't they go to the organisation that will pay them the best wages? In most cases, they don't have any attachment to the club they play for but us fans sometimes struggle to accept that and think they should be emotionally invested to the extent we are
That's why i don't take any notice of players kissing the badge. It's all a load of baloney, more money elsewhere and they would be gone. Biggest culprit for that was El Judas, " have to be thrown out of the club" he said didn't he? Would sell his granny for a buck of silver he would have.

Depends on what motivates them.

Take Ashley Williams as an example. The lad had multiple offers to leave and stayed with us rather than earn a bigger wage elsewhere.

When he did eventually leave it worked out too late in his career.

Give me Ashley Williams over Ryan Manning any day of the week.

Manning had no intention of signing a new contact, he left to either greed or knowing that something else was in the pipeline.

No doubting Walsh's ability, he just was available often enough. If the club had offered a new contract it would have raised questions marks and he's playing in the same league as us.

If Liam Cullen is asking for more than the club are willing to pay then he has a decision to make. I doubt very much there would be this much fuss if he hadn't come through the ranks.
The Club is its fans

Vipotnik. 5 wingers comein this year and up to 4 srikers depart. LW can do his best with what he is left with now, and Good Luck.
We also have at least 3 promising wingers in the Acaemy. What strategy exists?

Depends on what motivates them.

Take Ashley Williams as an example. The lad had multiple offers to leave and stayed with us rather than earn a bigger wage elsewhere.

When he did eventually leave it worked out too late in his career.

Give me Ashley Williams over Ryan Manning any day of the week.
Obviously there are exceptions, sometimes players will feel they "fit" at a club/in a city and have no interest in leaving. Look at Routledge, 8 clubs in 10 years before us then 10 seasons at Swansea

Obviously there are exceptions, sometimes players will feel they "fit" at a club/in a city and have no interest in leaving. Look at Routledge, 8 clubs in 10 years before us then 10 seasons at Swansea
You'd argue that Routledge, Dyer, Britton, Tate were looking for a sense of belonging rather than money.

All depends if you're intrinsic or extrinsically motivated.

You'd argue that Routledge, Dyer, Britton, Tate were looking for a sense of belonging rather than money.

All depends if you're intrinsic or extrinsically motivated.
Nice word!

Definitely, I completely understand players looking out for themselves though and trying to get the best deal they can

Nice word!

Definitely, I completely understand players looking out for themselves though and trying to get the best deal they can
Thanks 😂

So do I. What does my nut in is when some fans applaud them when they turn up playing for the opposition.

Thanks 😂

So do I. What does my nut in is when some fans applaud them when they turn up playing for the opposition.
I can sort of see it as a show of appreciation for them playing for us. Equally when they're booed though, if they haven't kicked up a stink and just left when their contract expired then I don't see the point of that

I can sort of see it as a show of appreciation for them playing for us. Equally when they're booed though, if they haven't kicked up a stink and just left when their contract expired then I don't see the point of that
They were chanting "you Jack Bastard" when he was taking a corner.

The fella was barely here for 5 minutes and jumped ship at the first opportunity.

This level of hero worship is bizarre for a player that achieved absolutely zero during his time with us.

They were chanting "you Jack Bastard" when he was taking a corner.

The fella was barely here for 5 minutes and jumped ship at the first opportunity.

This level of hero worship is bizarre for a player that achieved absolutely zero during his time with us.
Nicely put, and correct of course.

Sort of around the same topic.....what infuriates me is players refusing to celebrate when scoring against their old club. Grow up ffs. I get it if you're a Jack scoring for the Scum, for example, but otherwise its pathetic. Dai Thomas, a Blueturd, went nuts when he scored for us at Ninian (and it was unofficially only Scum fans in the ground). He may be the exception as he, as he later proved ,was a fucking basketcase.
As for Cullen, he's not a bad second striker. If the money's alright I'd keep him

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back