• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Duff is here to stay

TerryPHELAN

First Team Player
Reaction score
They won’t sack him, means they’ll have to pay up the rest of his contract, plus didn’t we pay Barnsley compo to get him? He’s here to stay.
However his selections are perplexing, three defensive midfielders starting at home v Huddersfield!!.
Patino and Bolasie have to start the next game. Let’s take it to the opposition.

TerryPHELAN said:
They won’t sack him, means they’ll have to pay up the rest of his contract, plus didn’t we pay Barnsley compo to get him? He’s here to stay.
However his selections are perplexing, three defensive midfielders starting at home v Huddersfield!!.
Patino and Bolasie have to start the next game. Let’s take it to the opposition.

Love Bolasie to start but even as a sub his legs were tiring today. So good to have a completely different type of player with physical presence, a shot and, perish the thought someone to take a man on.

Yeah probably, although an empty stadium and the relegation zone would cause a few jitters, but as long as we get 8-10 points from the zone I think they'll be loath to sack him. Martins compo might make them trigger happy if we get it mind.

A win or two before the new year and he's pretty safe.

Pull the trigger now and let the new gaffer have some influence on incomings in January would be the correct answer...

Swanjaxs said:
Pull the trigger now and let the new gaffer have some influence on incomings in January would be the correct answer...

But not the likely answer...

I've no confidence in him now, neither. Looking increasing gormless week on week...and so is he.

Who knows what we need, but we know he or any manager will have no say over the players coming in (to be fair Martin probably saw to that with The Fish and The Darling), but Duff has said he just coaches what he's given. So who would we get on those terms anyway. That's the main reason his job is safe...not that many would want it on the terms Coleballs et all want to play it.

So the timing is not critical. Whoever, if anyone, comes in at January will be the same no matter who is the manager. It needs to be left to run for a while despite my inclination wathing him and the team. The minimum should be half a season for him. How Ironic if Captain Bullshit puts a stake through his heart on Boxing day.

TerryPHELAN said:

They won't sack him, as you say, they will have to pay money for that.

If we are prepared to spaff 3 million on Jerry Yates then no reason we can't pay up Duff his 500k or whatever he will be owed for the remainder of his contract and get rid.

At the minute we're doubly fucked because we are probably going to lose a player or two in January, and not many players that would improve us are going to want to come here with us flirting so close to that bottom 3.

Do we trust him with more of our meagre budget?

The same questions were being asked towards the end of the Martin tenure. The answer was no back then, it’s a no for me right now.

I might be more positive if there was a regular shape to us, but I’m not.

It's not a case of him being here to stay. He should be gone before the clock strikes midnight

They will sack him, but only if they absolutely have to.

They always tend to leave it too long. They did it with Bradley, they did with Guidolin, and they did it with Clement. Also, they could quite easily have sacked both Cooper and Martin for long mid season runs of appalling results, but didn't.

The scary thing is, at least Jenkins was about last time we gave the manager the boot mid-season. Now we've got Coleman The Clown calling the shots.

I'm not sure what's more terrifying - Duff staying in place, or Coleman picking someone even worse. What a state of affairs.

Cooperman said:
Do we trust him with more of our meagre budget?

The same questions were being asked towards the end of the Martin, the answer was no back then, it’s a no for me right now.

I might be more positive if there was a regular shape to us, but I’m not.

I think we are slowly but surely waltzing down into League one, I can't see a way back, no dynamic coach/manager or whatever is gonna come here when everything has to be signed off by Levien despite what Coleman says about him being in charge and he's clueless anyway.

Andrew - North Hill said:
They will sack him, but only if they absolutely have to.

They always tend to leave it too long. They did it with Bradley, they did with Guidolin, and they did it with Clement. Also, they could quite easily have sacked both Cooper and Martin for long mid season runs of appalling results, but didn't.

The scary thing is, at least Jenkins was about last time we gave the manager the boot mid-season. Now we've got Coleman The Clown calling the shots.

I'm not sure what's more terrifying - Duff staying in place, or Coleman picking someone even worse. What a state of affairs.

You're wrong about Guidolin but right on the rest.

We haven’t moved forward one inch under him, we might have not got the greatest squad but we should be doing much better than we are…get rid, wrong fit,simple as that.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back