• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Eddie Butler RIP

:)
Darran said:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/62919134

Bit of a shock that. On a charity hike for prostate cancer in Peru.

Devastating.

He could have done a voice over for paint drying and make it sound entertaining.

Should be front and centre of the Welsh news but as you can guess its not getting a sniff

JustJack said:
Devastating.

He could have done a voice over for paint drying and make it sound entertaining.

Should be front and centre of the Welsh news but as you can guess its not getting a sniff

Headline News on BBC Wales and rightly so.

No age at all that.

Loved him commentating, especially alongside Brian Moore, superb.

Forget your bland football commentators, people like Eddie, or Bill McLaren, would knock spots off them for personality in game. I will certainly miss his dulcet tones during internationals.

RIP Ed.

Heard Eddie's voice in the background while doing some housework. Stopped to hear what he was talking about. So sad, it wasn't what I expected. RIP Eddie.

I would watch a programme just because Eddie Butler was narrating it. He was that good.

Agreed. He could make boring stuff watchable. Also part of 'that try' in 1999 with Bill McLaren. 'Who would you want kicking the conversion...that man'.

Good double act with Moore too, although I thought there was some friction there.

Rugby commentary has just got more bland

RIP

monmouth said:
Agreed. He could make boring stuff watchable. Also part of 'that try' in 1999 with Bill McLaren. 'Who would you want kicking the conversion...that man'.

Good double act with Moore too, although I thought there was some friction there.

Rugby commentary has just got more bland

RIP

https://twitter.com/brianmoore666/status/1570456555480547329

Such a great loss, his voice was perfect for commentary and his choice of words equally so.
RIP Eddie.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back