• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

facemasks

exhmrc1

Youth Team Apprentice
Reaction score
Wales chief medical officer has today stated he would like to see the scientific evidence over making facemasks compulsory in shops but not in pubs or restaurants. Can anybody answer this.

I would hazard a guess that it will take somewhere between one week and three weeks for Wales to align with England on the use of masks.

If Westminster announced the sun was going to set tonight, Drakeford would come back with "not in Wales it ain't "

Utter buffoon

Why not wear one and have a little extra protection for what is simply a piece of fabric over nose and ears.
That people,in America,see this as an affront to their civil liberties,shows mankind has leave of its senses,in the same way that Boris trusts the general public to be sensible. And why wait until next week to implement it. Crazy.

I suppose there are practical issues with wearing a face mask in a pub or restaurant.
The advice is not to keep touching the mask if at all possible which makes it difficult to eat or drink.

J_B said:
I suppose there are practical issues with wearing a face mask in a pub or restaurant.
The advice is not to keep touching the mask if at all possible which makes it difficult to eat or drink.

We're talking about shops though,arent we.

That said,right now, a pub is not a place I want to be.

Restaurants ;not needed there apart from staff ;distance is paramount.

They key issue is that in shops you have very short periods of contact whereas in pubs you are in longer contact but the shorter contact requires a mask whilst the period you have longer with someone doesnt. The general advice on coronavirus has been the longer the period you are in contact the more likely you to catch it. And by the way our Chief Medical officer is English.

exhmrc1 said:
They key issue is that in shops you have very short periods of contact whereas in pubs you are in longer contact but the shorter contact requires a mask whilst the period you have longer with someone doesnt. The general advice on coronavirus has been the longer the period you are in contact the more likely you to catch it. And by the way our Chief Medical officer is English.

England's deputy chief medical officer is Welsh. :lol:

Toronto_Motors said:
Why not wear one and have a little extra protection for what is simply a piece of fabric over nose and ears.
That people,in America,see this as an affront to their civil liberties,shows mankind has leave of its senses,in the same way that Boris trusts the general public to be sensible. And why wait until next week to implement it. Crazy.

There are people in this country with the same 'i'm not wearing one, they're useless, uncomfortable & dangerous blah blah' attitude - see brexiteers. Even if there's a 5% chance it'll stop you getting it or giving it to someone else, why wouldn't you wear one? 'God's wonderful breathing system' won't be much use to you on a ventilator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaFSH0K4BdQ

'The general advice on coronavirus has been the longer the period you are in contact the more likely you to catch it'
'
What's to say you don't randomly strike up conversation and you're chatting for 25 mins with someone who has it and doesn't know? Just wear the mask.

They make my glasses steam up. I have worn one and will continue to do so when the situation (or the law) demands or expects it but I’m not really venturing far these days now that I don’t have to leave the house to go to work. Lockdown is great.

Monty said:
Toronto_Motors said:

There are people in this country with the same 'i'm not wearing one, they're useless, uncomfortable & dangerous blah blah' attitude - see brexiteers. Even if there's a 5% chance it'll stop you getting it or giving it to someone else, why wouldn't you wear one? 'God's wonderful breathing system' won't be much use to you on a ventilator.

'The general advice on coronavirus has been the longer the period you are in contact the more likely you to catch it'
'
What's to say you don't randomly strike up conversation and you're chatting for 25 mins with someone who has it and doesn't know? Just wear the mask.

Mr Monty,thanks for your response.
Trust me,outside my immediate family and my dentist today,I have spoken to nobody randomly for anything other than thanking them for getting out of the way while I walk or cycle past them. I intend to hang around for a few more years yet.Ive lost a very good friend to this and It's cut me up ,frankly, so a little extra circumspection is fine by me.

Anti social is just fine by me.

Toronto_Motors said:
Monty said:
Toronto_Motors said:

'

Mr Monty,thanks for your response.
Trust me,outside my immediate family and my dentist today,I have spoken to nobody randomly for anything other than thanking them for getting out of the way while I walk or cycle past them. I intend to hang around for a few more years yet.Ive lost a very good friend to this and It's cut me up ,frankly, so a little extra circumspection is fine by me.

Anti social is just fine by me.

My post wasn't really directed at you, I was just referencing what you said about America. Whilst 90% of the time you may not talk to anyone for more than 5 mins, can you guarantee you would never? There's an infinite number of random things that could happen that would mean you were in someones immediate vicinity for a significant amount of time. You could unknowingly have it, by some strange circumstance end up talking to someone who works or lives with infirm people, and pass it on to them.

Again not referencing you.

What you need to remember is that the "masks" they are being told to wear in England (and around the world), will not prevent you from catching the virus, it protects others around you. If you want to protect yourself against the virus, get yourself a P3 mask.

Neath_Jack said:
What you need to remember is that the "masks" they are being told to wear in England (and around the world), will not prevent you from catching the virus, it protects others around you. If you want to protect yourself against the virus, get yourself a P3 mask.

And then arrange to get it fitted properly. Then throw it after 1 use or 2 hrs.

BanosSwan said:
Neath_Jack said:

And then arrange to get it fitted properly. Then throw it after 1 use or 2 hrs.

Why would you throw it after 1 or 2 hours?

It doesn't make financial sense to buy a disposable one now anyway, better off buying a half mask instead.

For it to give you maximum protection, need to be clean shaven as well.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back