• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

facemasks

Dragging their feet because they were worried that there wouldn’t have been enough masks for frontline health workers. Lately it looks like sheer dilly dallying incompetence. Masks are compulsory on public transport and in all shops in Germany. Have been since April. Scotland leading the way in UK. Drakeford and Gove need to get a grip.

Been a bit remiss on the wearing of masks in shops, apart from now and again with some old decorating masks we've got.

But, I've got 10x 3 layer masks coming tomorrow ordered off E-bay and will be wearing them religiously on future dogging trips up Penllergaer woods.

BrynCartwright said:
Been a bit remiss on the wearing of masks in shops, apart from now and again with some old decorating masks we've got.

But, I've got 10x 3 layer masks coming tomorrow ordered off E-bay and will be wearing them religiously on future dogging trips up Penllergaer woods.

How's that going to work when you're rimming me?

BrynCartwright said:

Pop into Cudey's for a cuppa. He'll be glad to see you...

The main advantage of a cloth mask is reducing transmission. Even a cut up T shirt works in this. That are less effective in preventing an individual becoming infected but even the most basic are providing some protection (these are studies based on particle size)

The problem with half masks is decontamination in an infectious environment. Flow masks are about £200 not £600 (we have someone who uses this for the beard reason). The biggest issue at the moment is getting filters for half masks as it is something I am considering rather than disposables for our work (chicken infection experiments). We have a couple of half masks already with goggles we use for aerosolised bacterial work (vaccine delivery mainly) . They are OK without the goggles, but horrendous with them.

Professor said:
The main advantage of a cloth mask is reducing transmission. Even a cut up T shirt works in this. That are less effective in preventing an individual becoming infected but even the most basic are providing some protection (these are studies based on particle size)

The problem with half masks is decontamination in an infectious environment. Flow masks are about £200 not £600 (we have someone who uses this for the beard reason). The biggest issue at the moment is getting filters for half masks as it is something I am considering rather than disposables for our work (chicken infection experiments). We have a couple of half masks already with goggles we use for aerosolised bacterial work (vaccine delivery mainly) . They are OK without the goggles, but horrendous with them.

Don't underestimate the nhs' ability to waste money.

For a supposedly clever man, how does he expect people to eat or drink wearing a face mask?

Sounds like a cover up to me.

I just wish people here in the US would cover their noses. I mean what is the point to even wear one if your not covering your face... Mental people here.

phact0rri said:
I just wish people here in the US would cover their noses. I mean what is the point to even wear one if your not covering your face... Mental people here.

...and don't mention the Governor of Georgia.

I flew out of Heathrow yesterday. Whilst my flight was 75% full the frequency of flights was much less so overall passenger numbers are well down. However T5 was still littered with people ambling around aimlessly, walking in front of you, many not wearing masks (which I thought was mandatory for inside the terminal).

Wearing of masks rigorously enforced during the flight and a stiff warning given prior to disembarkation about social distancing inside the terminal at Rome. Much more organised in the terminal than at Heathrow, passengers segregated into lines and flows of traffic, passengers much more alert to presence of others and security in place highlighting even the most minor of mask fitting issues. On the whole it feels a little bit more organised or structured over here than it does in the UK.

Cooperman said:
I flew out of Heathrow yesterday. Whilst my flight was 75% full the frequency of flights was much less so overall passenger numbers are well down. However T5 was still littered with people ambling around aimlessly, walking in front of you, many not wearing masks (which I thought was mandatory for inside the terminal).

Wearing of masks rigorously enforced during the flight and a stiff warning given prior to disembarkation about social distancing inside the terminal at Rome. Much more organised in the terminal than at Heathrow, passengers segregated into lines and flows of traffic, passengers much more alert to presence of others and security in place highlighting even the most minor of mask fitting issues. On the whole it feels a little bit more organised or structured over here than it does in the UK.

Coops, given that you have observed this governments performance during the pandemic are you actually surprised?

DJack said:
Cooperman said:

Coops, given that you have observed this governments performance during the pandemic are you actually surprised?

Aye, Boris going around a covid ward, shaking patients by the hand, then going down with said virus, and almost dieing, should have raised alarm bells as to what we could expect from our clusterfuck of a government...

FieryJack said:
This is persuasive enough for me:

USA, where face-mask wearing is relatively rare, have a death rate of 400 per million citizens.

UK, where face-mask wearing is relatively rare, have a death rate of 600 per million citizens.

Japan, where face-mask wearing is universal, have a death rate of 7 per million citizens.

Argument over - especially when you consider how unbelievably rammed out Tokyo is with a mind-boggling population of 37 million. And they didn't even bother locking down, unlike us and the Americans.
What a load of nonsense

DJack said:

Well when you put it like that...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back