• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

facemasks

Toronto_Motors said:
Simulacrum said:
Monty said:
There are people in this country with the same 'i'm not wearing one, they're useless, uncomfortable & dangerous blah blah' attitude - see brexiteers. Even if there's a 5% chance it'll stop you getting it or giving it to someone else, why wouldn't you wear one? 'God's wonderful breathing system' won't be much use to you on a ventilator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaFSH0K4BdQ

'The general advice on coronavirus has been the longer the period you are in contact the more likely you to catch it'
'
What's to say you don't randomly strike up conversation and you're chatting for 25 mins with someone who has it and doesn't know? Just wear the mask.

Are you really saying brexiteers won't wear a mask,because they're brexiteers? How silly. I voyted leave and I've been wearing a mask for ages. In supermarkets and shops (places I hadn'r been going to until my wife had an operation 2 weeks back which forced my hand) it's mostly younger people who aren't wearing them, older people have been but in a minority.

Maybe it'd be better if the message from the governments was clear and agreed. Gething today said they wouldn't be trying to make them compulsory because the science didn't back it and it's not enforceable. Well they seem to think they're a good thing in South Asia and doesn't the science say masks are only effective if most/all of us wear them, they don't stop you from catching the virus but they do reduce the spread so maybe the govenment/s should be shouting that message?

No.I am not.What has Brexit to do with this virus.You misread/misinterpret what I post.

Sorry, that was meant for Monty, not you!

BanosSwan said:
Neath_Jack said:
BanosSwan said:
For it to give you full protection, this is what you need to do. It becomes saturated and useless as protection for you after a couple of hours.

As has been said, the facemask advice is to stop you spreading over a larger area.

Yeah that's not correct mate, too much of a sweeping generalisation.

Masks don't get saturated from general wear, not even from quite labour intensive work (that's not to say every mask wearer is the same).

Those disposables are good for 8 hours under most circumstances, although if working with carcinogenic substances, i'd be changing them sooner or better still, wear half masks.

I'll be sure to let my NHS trust know that they're wrong and try to get our working practices modified.

Once an ffp3 mask has been removed it is useless as protection for yourself. Good luck wearing one for eight hours, they're bad enough for one hour.

As i said "most circumstances", I never mentioned in a clinical environment.

There many, many variables to how long a P3 would be effective for.

Tell your NHS trust to get rid of disposable RPE, and invest in half masks instead, It'll save them oodles of money.

I've been face fitting all types of RPE for over 20 years, I don't need luck my friend.

Simulacrum said:
Are you really saying brexiteers won't wear a mask,because they're brexiteers? How silly. I voyted leave and I've been wearing a mask for ages. In supermarkets and shops (places I hadn'r been going to until my wife had an operation 2 weeks back which forced my hand) it's mostly younger people who aren't wearing them, older people have been but in a minority.

I was stereotyping for levity, as the stereotypical internet brexiteers are the ones who seem to be most against it; like to call people snowflakes, spread conspiracy theories, fake news & general utter bollocks. The kind of brits that if they were american they would be wearing a red baseball cap and screaming MAGA at everyone.

Neath_Jack said:
BanosSwan said:
Neath_Jack said:
Yeah that's not correct mate, too much of a sweeping generalisation.

Masks don't get saturated from general wear, not even from quite labour intensive work (that's not to say every mask wearer is the same).

Those disposables are good for 8 hours under most circumstances, although if working with carcinogenic substances, i'd be changing them sooner or better still, wear half masks.

I'll be sure to let my NHS trust know that they're wrong and try to get our working practices modified.

Once an ffp3 mask has been removed it is useless as protection for yourself. Good luck wearing one for eight hours, they're bad enough for one hour.

Tell your NHS trust to get rid of disposable RPE, and invest in half masks instead, It'll save them oodles of money.

I've been face fitting all types of RPE for over 20 years, I don't need luck my friend.

Oh the NHS loves wasting money. I failed the ffp3 mask fit, so they've given me a respirator hood which (I've been told) costs £600.

Monty said:
Simulacrum said:

I was stereotyping for levity, as the stereotypical internet brexiteers are the ones who seem to be most against it; like to call people snowflakes, spread conspiracy theories, fake news & general utter bollocks. The kind of brits that if they were american they would be wearing a red baseball cap and screaming MAGA at everyone.

Stereotyping for levity you say, have you seen any posts by brexiteers saying they won't wear masks then? Maybe you should consider that your post is itself utter bollocks?

Simulacrum said:
Stereotyping for levity you say, have you seen any posts by brexiteers saying they won't wear masks then? Maybe you should consider that your post is itself utter bollocks?

Yes I have, hence my comment, and I stand by it

BanosSwan said:
Neath_Jack said:
BanosSwan said:

Oh the NHS loves wasting money. I failed the ffp3 mask fit, so they've given me a respirator hood which (I've been told) costs £600.

So they've gone from issuing you a £5 disposable one, to an air fed one, and completely missed out the half masks, at around £25? They could even have tried the full face versions for around £100. Or have you got a beard?

Fair play, no wonder the NHS struggles with their budget!

Neath_Jack said:
BanosSwan said:
Neath_Jack said:

So they've gone from issuing you a £5 disposable one, to an air fed one, and completely missed out the half masks, at around £25? They could even have tried the full face versions for around £100. Or have you got a beard?

Fair play, no wonder the NHS struggles with their budget!

They pay around £9 for a pack of paracetamol.

No beard, that's what the 'higher ups' decided.

Speaking as a mask virgin, what's the protocol re: when one has a sneezing fit?

My sneezes tend to come in threes. Do I just let rip no handed and leave it to my mask? Or is it better to remove one's mask and catch it in a tissue?

Squarebear said:

My sneezes tend to come in threes. Do I just let rip no handed and leave it to my mask? Or is it better to remove one's mask and catch it in a tissue?

The second one

Any fabric will make a barrier between yourself and any sneezing, coughing , spitting etc. It will break up and forceful jet of vapour etc.If everyone wears one, it then doubles the protection.A no brainer really.

This is persuasive enough for me:

USA, where face-mask wearing is relatively rare, have a death rate of 400 per million citizens.

UK, where face-mask wearing is relatively rare, have a death rate of 600 per million citizens.

Japan, where face-mask wearing is universal, have a death rate of 7 per million citizens.

Argument over - especially when you consider how unbelievably rammed out Tokyo is with a mind-boggling population of 37 million. And they didn't even bother locking down, unlike us and the Americans.

Squarebear said:

Well that's weird, I always sneeze three times religiously! 😯

As you get older a jettison of wind from the anal tube is an hilarious accompaniment. Usually on the first and final sneeze.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back