• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

facemasks

Neath_Jack said:
What you need to remember is that the "masks" they are being told to wear in England (and around the world), will not prevent you from catching the virus, it protects others around you. If you want to protect yourself against the virus, get yourself a P3 mask.

Indeed but having seen what this virus does the leat we can do ,all of us ,is to do all we can to top spreading it.Every little bit helps.

To suggest it's infringing civil rights is lamentable

Monty said:
Toronto_Motors said:
Monty said:
There are people in this country with the same 'i'm not wearing one, they're useless, uncomfortable & dangerous blah blah' attitude - see brexiteers. Even if there's a 5% chance it'll stop you getting it or giving it to someone else, why wouldn't you wear one? 'God's wonderful breathing system' won't be much use to you on a ventilator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaFSH0K4BdQ

'The general advice on coronavirus has been the longer the period you are in contact the more likely you to catch it'
'
What's to say you don't randomly strike up conversation and you're chatting for 25 mins with someone who has it and doesn't know? Just wear the mask.

Mr Monty,thanks for your response.
Trust me,outside my immediate family and my dentist today,I have spoken to nobody randomly for anything other than thanking them for getting out of the way while I walk or cycle past them. I intend to hang around for a few more years yet.Ive lost a very good friend to this and It's cut me up ,frankly, so a little extra circumspection is fine by me.

Anti social is just fine by me.

My post wasn't really directed at you, I was just referencing what you said about America. Whilst 90% of the time you may not talk to anyone for more than 5 mins, can you guarantee you would never? There's an infinite number of random things that could happen that would mean you were in someones immediate vicinity for a significant amount of time. You could unknowingly have it, by some strange circumstance end up talking to someone who works or lives with infirm people, and pass it on to them.

Again not referencing you.

Fine and you make a good point.

These are uncertain times and ,truth be told,nobody knows what exactly is best. What we need is the vaccine. And quick

Toronto_Motors said:
These are uncertain times and ,truth be told,nobody knows what exactly is best. What we need is the vaccine. And quick

Don't expect one within the next 18 months, it'll be 2-3 years before one is widely available, at least

If they are so important, why haven't we been told to use them since day one.
Shop workers have been on the frontline from the beginning, so now we are told, after 10s of thousands of deaths to use them.
And don't tell me the scientific evidence is now clear, more mixed messages about what's safe and what's not.
You can have your beard shaved, but not your eyebrows tinted.
I can fly off to Italy tomorrow on holiday if I want, and not quarantine on my way back.
Sorry guys,its a bloody mess, has been from day one.
FFS.

Neath_Jack said:
BanosSwan said:
Neath_Jack said:
What you need to remember is that the "masks" they are being told to wear in England (and around the world), will not prevent you from catching the virus, it protects others around you. If you want to protect yourself against the virus, get yourself a P3 mask.

And then arrange to get it fitted properly. Then throw it after 1 use or 2 hrs.

Why would you throw it after 1 or 2 hours?

It doesn't make financial sense to buy a disposable one now anyway, better off buying a half mask instead.

For it to give you maximum protection, need to be clean shaven as well.

For it to give you full protection, this is what you need to do. It becomes saturated and useless as protection for you after a couple of hours.

As has been said, the facemask advice is to stop you spreading over a larger area.

Jack2jack said:
So why weren't we told to use them before.
Thousands have died?

Why weren't we put on lockdown a week earlier, which would have saved thousands of lives? Answer to both those questions is incompetence.

Have people gone completely mad, a well sanitised and properly worn mask will obviously help, albeit just a bit, or even a lot, and also prevent you passing on infection. And in any event it’s not just COVID we should be talking about, how do we know that it can’t be caught via other infections or brought about by certain infections, lowering immunity.
Fcking have a think.

BanosSwan said:
Neath_Jack said:
BanosSwan said:
And then arrange to get it fitted properly. Then throw it after 1 use or 2 hrs.

It doesn't make financial sense to buy a disposable one now anyway, better off buying a half mask instead.

For it to give you full protection, this is what you need to do. It becomes saturated and useless as protection for you after a couple of hours.

As has been said, the facemask advice is to stop you spreading over a larger area.

Yeah that's not correct mate, too much of a sweeping generalisation.

Masks don't get saturated from general wear, not even from quite labour intensive work (that's not to say every mask wearer is the same).

Those disposables are good for 8 hours under most circumstances, although if working with carcinogenic substances, i'd be changing them sooner or better still, wear half masks.

Monty said:
Toronto_Motors said:
Why not wear one and have a little extra protection for what is simply a piece of fabric over nose and ears.
That people,in America,see this as an affront to their civil liberties,shows mankind has leave of its senses,in the same way that Boris trusts the general public to be sensible. And why wait until next week to implement it. Crazy.

There are people in this country with the same 'i'm not wearing one, they're useless, uncomfortable & dangerous blah blah' attitude - see brexiteers. Even if there's a 5% chance it'll stop you getting it or giving it to someone else, why wouldn't you wear one? 'God's wonderful breathing system' won't be much use to you on a ventilator.

'The general advice on coronavirus has been the longer the period you are in contact the more likely you to catch it'
'
What's to say you don't randomly strike up conversation and you're chatting for 25 mins with someone who has it and doesn't know? Just wear the mask.

Are you really saying brexiteers won't wear a mask,because they're brexiteers? How silly. I voyted leave and I've been wearing a mask for ages. In supermarkets and shops (places I hadn'r been going to until my wife had an operation 2 weeks back which forced my hand) it's mostly younger people who aren't wearing them, older people have been but in a minority.

Maybe it'd be better if the message from the governments was clear and agreed. Gething today said they wouldn't be trying to make them compulsory because the science didn't back it and it's not enforceable. Well they seem to think they're a good thing in South Asia and doesn't the science say masks are only effective if most/all of us wear them, they don't stop you from catching the virus but they do reduce the spread so maybe the govenment/s should be shouting that message?

Simulacrum said:
Monty said:
Toronto_Motors said:
Why not wear one and have a little extra protection for what is simply a piece of fabric over nose and ears.
That people,in America,see this as an affront to their civil liberties,shows mankind has leave of its senses,in the same way that Boris trusts the general public to be sensible. And why wait until next week to implement it. Crazy.

'

Are you really saying brexiteers won't wear a mask,because they're brexiteers? How silly. I voyted leave and I've been wearing a mask for ages. In supermarkets and shops (places I hadn'r been going to until my wife had an operation 2 weeks back which forced my hand) it's mostly younger people who aren't wearing them, older people have been but in a minority.

Maybe it'd be better if the message from the governments was clear and agreed. Gething today said they wouldn't be trying to make them compulsory because the science didn't back it and it's not enforceable. Well they seem to think they're a good thing in South Asia and doesn't the science say masks are only effective if most/all of us wear them, they don't stop you from catching the virus but they do reduce the spread so maybe the govenment/s should be shouting that message?

No.I am not.What has Brexit to do with this virus.You misread/misinterpret what I post.

Neath_Jack said:
BanosSwan said:
Neath_Jack said:

Yeah that's not correct mate, too much of a sweeping generalisation.

Masks don't get saturated from general wear, not even from quite labour intensive work (that's not to say every mask wearer is the same).

Those disposables are good for 8 hours under most circumstances, although if working with carcinogenic substances, i'd be changing them sooner or better still, wear half masks.

I'll be sure to let my NHS trust know that they're wrong and try to get our working practices modified.

Once an ffp3 mask has been removed it is useless as protection for yourself. Good luck wearing one for eight hours, they're bad enough for one hour.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back