• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Fire at Swansea Uni

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Small fire on the roof, now out apaprently. Sounds like they dodged a bullet.

Let’s hope so. Times are tough, the Uni and the wider community need the money the students will bring in. Over and above all that, Wales needs top quality educational establishments to drive future prosperity, let’s hope they can come through this.

MajorR said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:
Small fire on the roof, now out apparently. Sounds like they dodged a bullet.

Let’s hope so. Times are tough, the Uni and the wider community need the money the students will bring in. Over and above all that, Wales needs top quality educational establishments to drive future prosperity, let’s hope they can come through this.

Turns out it's a bit bigger than thought, but luckily nobody caught up in it. But agreed, the uni is important to Swansea and Wales (as all are across Wales).

LeonWasTheDog's said:
MajorR said:

Turns out it's a bit bigger than thought, but luckily nobody caught up in it. But agreed, the uni is important to Swansea and Wales (as all are across Wales).

Why is Swansea Uni in Neath?

KrunchyKarrot said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:

Not sure. Ex-MEP Derek Vaughan used to joke that it was because Neath were more forward thinking and wanted it more to get one over on Swansea. I don't know if there's even a grain of truth in that, but discussions were held with Neath, Swansea (and I think Llanelli) Councils. It might just come down to land - the old site owner (BP/Shell? can't remember) paid for all the cleanup and I think that helped the finances too. Might just come down to location as there's not so many places closer to Swansea. Does seem a bit odd having our Uni on someone else's patch.

Unrelated, but I reckon they should rebuild the Mumbles railway and join up Mumbles, Swansea Arena/centre, SA1, Bay Campus and Neath. It'd make life so much easier for people, help encourage more development in Neath and keep a bit of traffic off the roads.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
KrunchyKarrot said:

Not sure. Ex-MEP Derek Vaughan used to joke that it was because Neath were more forward thinking and wanted it more to get one over on Swansea. I don't know if there's even a grain of truth in that, but discussions were held with Neath, Swansea (and I think Llanelli) Councils. It might just come down to land - the old site owner (BP/Shell? can't remember) paid for all the cleanup and I think that helped the finances too. Might just come down to location as there's not so many places closer to Swansea. Does seem a bit odd having our Uni on someone else's patch.

Unrelated, but I reckon they should rebuild the Mumbles railway and join up Mumbles, Swansea Arena/centre, SA1, Bay Campus and Neath. It'd make life so much easier for people, help encourage more development in Neath and keep a bit of traffic off the roads.

Think ive said this on the old board, a Monorail with a few stops here and there. Green good for climate etc etc. better than some lagoon that could damage our bay.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back