• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

For all you buswnkers out there

Captain_Sham

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
...like me. Government funding slashed. Trallwn bus now runs every 90 minutes. Every bus is like the Calcutta rush hr train. Hanging off every ledge.
Walking around the quadrant, half the shops gone. This city is in the toilet

Agree on the buses, an already insufficient service is being slashed further. Also not happy that this Adventure Travel seem to have taken over so many routes in Swansea and they won't accept a First day/week pass, meaning extra cost to travel by bus.

The empty retail units is a problem you'll see in almost every town/city centre and seems unlikely to change as brick and mortar retail continues to die a long, slow death. A point in Swansea's favour is that a lot of the major building work that has happened/is happening is trying to pivot away from a reliance on retail to keep the city centre alive. Lots of student housing, the arena, the new offices going up on the Kingsway, the council hub going into the old BHS, etc.

ATTACH]

jack_lord said:
We must be doing alright as we don't even make the list

Just because there are places are worse, doesn't make our situation "alright". Swansea town center is derelict. I couldn't give a fk about other cities I dont live in. That graph lists closures in 2023. Theres no shops left to close on the Kingsway. They closed 5 years before that chart.

Captain_Sham said:
Just because there are places are worse, doesn't make our situation "alright". Swansea town center is derelict. I couldn't give a fk about other cities I dont live in. That graph lists closures in 2023. Theres no shops left to close on the Kingsway. They closed 5 years before that chart.
How are you going to fix it? Obviously not move to the sh1tter places

jack_lord said:
How are you going to fix it? Obviously not move to the sh1tter places
I dont understand what you mean. Im not in a position to fix anything. I dont have any answers to any of whats happening. Im just stating how shyt things are in the city I live in.

Captain_Sham said:
I dont understand what you mean. Im not in a position to fix anything. I dont have any answers to any of whats happening. Im just stating how shyt things are in the city I live in.
It is shyte in a lot of cities as mentioned above with the move to online shopping and out of town retail parks. There has been move away from trying to fill the central spaces with shops and it is quite visible. No idea if it will pan out as expected but the number of students and people in the city centre should see a more vibrant feel. Other cities havent made the same changes and may well become no go areas. I do worry about the mix at the top of high street with students being stuck in with a completely different socio economic group. I am hopeful for the future as I do believe the changes will come good but it is crap at the moment at we transition. By all means moan as we have all done at some point but hope springs eternal and all that.

It's all your own doing mind, all this upheaval.. you just don't realise it

Pontardawe to Swansea X6 Service , used it one afternoon this week , bus stop timetable had not been updated , checked online for the new times , then followed a guess the bus turning up at any time quiz .

When it did eventually turn up , the approx 13 mile trip took an hour into the Quadrant , after Morriston Cross standing room only which then turned into the bus not picking up passengers in Hafod , Waun Wen , driving past them .

Appreciate there was a new driver , under instruction from a fellow colleague , new route , timetables and stops to learn .

Got a bus pass for public transport , tomorrow have to go back into Town on the follow up , driving in .

Another genius move by WAG and Drakeford , probably still bankrolling Cardiff Airport , looking more like a lost cause now .

Dickford - drops the speed limit to 20mph, spending loads of money in the process, saying this will encourage bus usage, then reduces funding to the buses by loads of money who in turn have to reduce services and timetables due to the lack of funding.

Titsa - the Tenerife bus service have the right idea, modern reliable buses, fantastic timetables and cheap trips. 8 miles one way for €1.85, €10 will buy an unlimited day ticket over the whole island, which can cover trips totalling hundred of miles. The buses are always reasonably full regardless of the time of day.

I thought the message from the Government was to use Public Transport for environmental reasons? They cant expect folks to use public transport if they are decimating the services. Its going to get ugly. There was almost a punch up waiting for my bus. IF every bus is at capacity leaving the station, its a powderkeg.

I'd say what Steve and Sham have said above is probably the worst thing related to the 20mph limit. If you're going to say that one of the major reasons for it is to increase the amount of people using public transport, then you need to make sure the public transport options are fit for purpose.

The introduction of the 20mph limits should have come along with significant investment into bus services.

Not just a Wales problem either. We've taken our son down to London for weekend trips a couple of times in the last few years. I'd prefer to use the train from Swansea to Paddington, but even the cheapest tickets are massively more expensive than driving to the outskirts, parking at a tube station car park for the weekend and catching the tube in. No incentive to use public transport at all.

The Townhill and Mayhill buses have been combined doubling the journey time and are now twice an hour instead of three

The buses are so busy when theyre full they cant get up Mount Pleasant hill by the old Fairfield so people have to get off and walk. All the while the bus is pumping out copious amounts of black soot. They'll have us pushing them next - I suppose it's better for the environment at least

jack_lord said:
We must be doing alright as we don't even make the list

I’m sorry this post is delusional

Captain Sham is right Swansea Town centre is a sh1t hole

You can’t compare Swansea town to much of that list.

It saddens me greatly stating the bleeding obvious mind

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back