• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Forest Fans are underwhelmed

• Thread starter Glyn1
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 5,326

Glyn1

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Away at Swansea. Wish we'd fuck off this sh***y competition

Urgh

Well that's about as bad a draw as we could get.

Absolute noro, boring tie and more sheep shaggers. And we will lose.

Next two teams out the hat after us Manyoo and Liverpoo. If we’re going to get knocked out, might as well play one of them two w*nkers.

Swansea have a very thin squad. Winnable. That is all that counts.

If you asked me the two worst fixtures we could have for the 4th and 5th round it would be:

4th round against a Championship opponent we've played loads of times in the last few years, away from home, where we will probably lose, and a team that is based near Cardiff who we just played.

And if we did manage to sneak through:

5th round would be against someone who will humiliate us on national TV.

So let's humiliate them on national TV in the 4th round instead.

Citeh in the 5th round when we beat the trees, meh...

Been there done it, that's the difference 👍

Don’t blame them tbh. What is there about the tie that appeals to them? Basically a championship game. I was underwhelmed too, but then again I generally am.

The feeling is mutual.

5th round v City is the incentive.

Let's be honest, a Cup game against a team in your division is probably the worst draw you can have, especially away. Run of the mill game and renders your cup run pointless when you crash out.

Giants or minnows are the best draws to get. At least this year you have that dangling carrot of Man City (or Cheltenham lol) in the next round.

MrSwerve said:
The feeling is mutual.

Normally I would agree but in this strangest of seasons its not really an incentive? No crowds, relatively small revenue from a TV date but another midweek game in the middle of fixture congestion anyway.

I like the FA Cup, always have done but without crowds its just not the same to get that kind of draw?

PSumbler said:
MrSwerve said:
The feeling is mutual.

Normally I would agree but in this strangest of seasons its not really an incentive? No crowds, relatively small revenue from a TV date but another midweek game in the middle of fixture congestion anyway.

I like the FA Cup, always have done but without crowds its just not the same to get that kind of draw?

Oh I agree, a potential game against City doesn't get me excited much...just trying to think of positives. :D

Ah feck em would have loved to see their fans faces when we got that last playoff spot.[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZLuDm52MEA[/media]

Underwhelming for us too. There again the FA Cup seems to be the same for many. Since we failed to sell out for our quarter final at home to Spurs a few years ago I have lost interest now just like all those that never turned up that day

JesusJack said:
Let's be honest, a Cup game against a team in your division is probably the worst draw you can have, especially away. Run of the mill game and renders your cup run pointless when you crash out.

Giants or minnows are the best draws to get. At least this year you have that dangling carrot of Man City (or Cheltenham lol) in the next round.
Personally I think we've a better side now than the one that was cheated v Citeh couple o years back. We play at full strength then those cheating cvnts will be pushed all the way.
Could be pointless talk tho if Coops puts the stiffs out v Forest.
Either way, like many, it's the league for me. Fck the cup.

Glyn1 said:

Glyn I can't belive that you missed the spelling mistake in your Thread Title...

Forest Fans are underwhelming

MrSwerve said:
PSumbler said:

Oh I agree, a potential game against City doesn't get me excited much...just trying to think of positives. :D
Positives include good experience and test for us (inc Cooper), not playing such a physical side so theoretically less chance of needless injuries etc.. I'd love us to play them - never forgave the officials in our last meeting for robbing us with two goals that shouldn't have counted. At least Guardiola conceded that afterwards, to his credit. If we play well, what a confidence booster, however negatives include a humiliating hammering of course - although with our defensive record, I doubt that would happen. There I said it.

I'm not a fan of the cup whilst we are on this division or when we were in the PL.
HOWEVER I we get past Forest we are a better team now than when we should have gone through against City 2 years ago

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back